Motul 15W-50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the board and have a quick question...

I am interested in using Motul 15w-50 in my 2007 Turbo Porche' when on the track and recreationally as well.

Can anyone give me a "real fast summary" of their experiences with Motul as it is $29.95 before I order?

Thank you!

Real fast summary? It's great stuff. I have about 15 cans left and use it in a modded Subaru on track, in high ambient temps. And the 20/60 extreme temps ( 115f+ ambient )
I like my Motul and Amsoil...

I would not hesitate to use that oil on track.

2d7zts.jpg

Last edited:
I was given 0/50 and 5/40 to run in my car by a local Eneos rep. I gave them tons of grief over a few weeks ( TY BITOG! ), and after not being able to answer half my questions he just gave it to me and said, " try it, have it analysed and see whats up "...
I have run the 0/50 and have been too lazy to send it out...
I pulled it after only a few weeks after developing what sounded like a wasted bearing.. Changing to Amsoil SSO ( for the street ) stopped the sound.

You see the PP there? I like the good stuff.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome and information!

I ordered 10 qts of 15W-50 Motul...paid $29.99/qt

Does anyone have the specs of this oil...ie. Additive levels..ZDDP...Phos...Calcium..moly...if it is a GRP IV or V?

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Yes sir, I noticed the Pennzoil synthetic and the Castrol synthetic. Is that a gallons jug of Shell on the top shelf?

Syntec is all M04 Green, and the unmarked gallons on the top shelf is Amsoil 15/40 AME. ( I can't seem to keep Shell RTS on the shelf. lol )
I get plenty of fudge from my friends about my oil "habit"..

Originally Posted By: Pete591
Thanks for the welcome and information!

I ordered 10 qts of 15W-50 Motul...paid $29.99/qt

Does anyone have the specs of this oil...ie. Additive levels..ZDDP...Phos...Calcium..moly...if it is a GRP IV or V?

Thank you!

All I remember is it is GV with two types of ester, Polyol and complex IIRC.
I was told there is no PAO or lower groups.
My contact was not forthcoming with additive info, other than to say it is STOUT.

Viscosity grade SAE J 300 15W-50
Density at 15°C (59°F) ASTM D1298 0.883
Viscosity at 100°C (212°F) ASTM D445 17.8 mm²/s
Viscosity at 40°C (104°F) ASTM D445 128.1 mm²/s
Viscosity index ASTM D2270 154
HTHS viscosity at 150°C (302°F) ASTM D4741 5.33 mPa.s
Pour point ASTM D97 -36°C / -33°F
Flash point ASTM D92 215°C / 419°F
TBN ASTM D 2896 11.7 mg KOH/g

Those cans should be $30 per 2L (2.1qt) can. ( not single qt. )

Last edited:
There are a few VOA sheets around, I found them a year ago when Motul USA was giving us 300V to use in a few of our racecars.

My Subaru really liked the 5w-30 and 5w-40!

Don't tell anybody, but I like the Motul 300V 0W-20 during the winter here on the street.
As a bonus, I get better hot pressure with it than Amsoil 0W-30 SSO.

And the banana/lacquer thinner smell is excellent. :)

Last edited:
Nice collection there Thingfish. What do you use the 20w-60 for...I see it's half hidden in the pic?

I use the Motul 300V 5w-30 and 10w-40...I mix the two and get a 5w-40ish...since the agent couldn't get the 5w-40...

I agree its got a great smell, I have an open can that I take a woft of now and then.
Did any of you ever smell the old single ester 300V...man that was so yummy, often wanted to take a swig of the stuff.. this oil thing can make one odd...

There is 0/20 there as well.
wink.gif

The 20/60 is for when 15/50 does not give me enough hot pressure. Living in Vegas, I have to be ready to track on days close to 120f ambient.

Originally Posted By: Thingfish
Real fast summary? It's great stuff. I have about 15 cans left and use it in a modded Subaru on track, in high ambient temps. And the 20/60 extreme temps ( 115f+ ambient )
I like my Motul and Amsoil...

I would not hesitate to use that oil on track.

2d7zts.jpg

SHOW OFF! J/K! That quite an exotic collection you have there!
cool.gif

:D

I am trying to get a Japanese friend to bring me some goodies from home next time he goes, to add to my collection.
I'm not sure he wants to explain several suitcases of motor oil to the airline. lol

Last edited:
FWIW, there is nothing on the can stating it cannot be mixed. I remember reading that it cannot, but the can does not mention it.

I will send an email to my contact at Motul in Pamona, and see what he knows.

Edit: Email sent.

Last edited:
I have not, sorry.
I will post here an send you a PM when I do. I have been watching my email, and If I do not here from him today I will resend the email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back