Motul 109776 8100 X-Cess Gen2 5W-40 vs Liqui Moly 2332 Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40

Cool....post up what they say. I have to believe that they know/have looked at this issue and understand it.
382D9EC6-E8BC-4A95-9BF4-4F95D6256D43.png

looks like we’re good then. My Indy sho changed the oil at the time of the oil pan gasket replacement (that was a year ago almost). I changed the oil a month ago.

View attachment 34567
looks like we’re good then. My Indy sho changed the oil at the time of the oil pan gasket replacement (that was a year ago almost). I changed the oil a month ago.
That's what I figured and it makes sense - there are posts here from a user that had the MoS2 settle out and he said it didn't re-suspend complete with pictures but it sounds to me like he only moved the car a short distance before the change/oil pan drop vs. just driving it around normally (I may be wrong - you can search and find it I'm sure). Anyhow, for me, this is a non-issue as I drive my car daily. I switched a while back to the Molygen from the LL HT w/Ceratec as the Molygen contains a chemical (not solid) tungsten/moly friction modifier already in it. My UOAs have been excellent w/r to wear metals and I beat on it/have drag raced it and tracked it a few times. I'm sure it would also be like that with other common oils having the VW502 00 approval and no additional additives but why change what works? To figure out the suspension issue, someone would have to let their car sit for a few weeks with the Ceratec, then drive it normally for a few days etc. then drop the pan to give it adequate time to re-suspend.

Last edited:
That's what I figured and it makes sense - there are posts here from a user that had the MoS2 settle out and he said it didn't re-suspend complete with pictures but it sounds to me like he only moved the car a short distance before the change/oil pan drop vs. just driving it around normally (I may be wrong - you can search and find it I'm sure). Anyhow, for me, this is a non-issue as I drive my car daily. I switched a while back to the Molygen from the LL HT w/Ceratec as the Molygen contains a chemical (not solid) tungsten/moly friction modifier already in it. My UOAs have been excellent w/r to wear metals and I beat on it/have drag raced it and tracked it a few times. I'm sure it would also be like that with other common oils having the VW502 00 approval and no additional additives but why change what works?
I was thinking about using Ceratec in the Mercedes. But, that car sits longer than the BMW does. The Mercedes is a garage queen technically.

I've used Ceratec twice in my Benz. Once at 75K miles and again at 110K, along with an oil change. The most noticeable difference was a slight fuel mileage improvement and quieter cold start-up.

Last time I looked under the oil fill cap, all the metals parts looked pristine and shiny with a very thin, slightly yellow film on things. I think the Ceratec bonds to the metal parts to help prevent wear, forming a ceramic coating. Once this is formed, there are no solids to fall out of suspension; they just slowly wear away from the constant contact, which is why Ceratec recommends using it every 30K or so.

Back