Motorkote

Status
Not open for further replies.

yes

I won a gallon of Motorkote on a trucker's radio show. It is very popular among truckers. I see it at different truckstops and Meijer's discount stores. Should I put this stuff in my car or should I just give it away at the truckstop? I don't really care if it has any positive effects. I'm just wondering about the negative effects. I've tried searching this forum and haven't really found a definitive answer anywhere on the web. If it is acceptable to put in my car is there a way to do a before and after type test?

welcome2.gif
to BITOG

Give it a shot and let us know how it does. I don't think it will hurt anything.

no, thats what I was kinda wondering too. I was planning on putting it it my Ford 3.0L V6 if everyone said it was ok. I'm running regular Ford Oil or Castrol now. I forgot.

Originally Posted By: yes
no, thats what I was kinda wondering too. I was planning on putting it it my Ford 3.0L V6 if everyone said it was ok. I'm running regular Ford Oil or Castrol now. I forgot.

I'd try it if I won it like you did. Those Ford 3.0 engines are pretty much bullet proof, so I doubt you'll do it any harm.

Yes put that motorkote in your car you only need 10 ounces in your average car I have run this stuff in my Peterbilt and personal vehicles for years and years, it's fantastic stuff! My truck now has 2,250,000 miles on it with only two overhauls in twenty-three years. I save about $6,000 a year on fuel plus the bonus of reduced wear and tear. My wife had a mercury cougar with a V6 in it and the digital dashboard with the onboard computer in it,and by the second tank of gas her range was up 30 to 35 miles per tank her fuel mileage went up 10% and we could leave it outside in -40 degrees and it would start without a problem.We donated the cougar to teen challenge with over 200,000 miles on it still runnuing strong.We bought her a used STS Cadillac it was getting 31 mpg on the computer we added Motorkote and by the second tank of gas the economy was up to an average of 34 mpg! We've told many of our friends about Motorkote and everyone of them who have bought it are very happy with it. One friend of my wife's works at the post office and drives a toyota corolla she bought a ten ouncer and put it in her car and called us two weeks later and told us she was very happy she used to gas her car up on monday morning and then again on thurday night because she did'nt have enough gas to go to work and back on friday, now she told us she's gassing her car up on monday and doing five rounders to work and not putting gas in until saturday she said her gas mileage went from 34 to 38 mpg . She said that was like driving a month out of the year for Free! She asked me why the Big oil companies did'nt put a product like this in their oil? I said to her are you kidding me the same people that sell you gas want you to get better fuel economy and buy less gas from them?

it's basically bleach in a bottle from what im told i used it didnt find anything fab. about it other than my wallets lighter whether that makes up a 4-5 mpg difference u be the judge!

Hi Dieseldoctor.

In what way did you use it?

Did you track your MPG before and after using it?

Did you do compression testing before and after?

Did you meassure exhaust gases before and after?

Just curious.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
Hi Dieseldoctor.

In what way did you use it?

Did you track your MPG before and after using it?

Did you do compression testing before and after?

Did you meassure exhaust gases before and after?

Just curious.

Have you? Just wondering? The testimony I read is mixed about the stuff, and its a little pricey. I'd be interested in your findings.

Hi Diesel Doctor
I'm a licensed heavy duty diesel mechanic and I can assure you that Motorkote is not bleach in a bottle . I've seen this response by people before. I own a timken falex bearing load test machine and I've tried putting bleach in it and it does not carry the load and has a big wear pattern. I've tested lots of different lubricants on this machine over the years and I have some that are initally comparable to motorkote in the wear and load carrying capacities until you send them in for labratory analysis and find out their "magic" ingredient is Sulpher, which when combined with moisture will turn into sulfuric acid and start eating at all your internal engine components.I've sent Motorkote into Wearcheck for anylasis and it comes back with no sulfer,no teflon ,no moly,no silicone ,no lead. You may not have noticed much of a difference in your diesel pickup if it gets lousy mileage in the first place. I bought a 3500 Silverado with a 6.5 in it two years ago and it was only getting 13mpg , I Motorkoted it and it went up to just over 14 mpg which does'nt seem like much of an improvement but it was still roughly 10%. I played with this truck a little more I changed the injectors,installed a new relocated PMD with a #9 resistor ,
a high flow air filter and got up to 16 mpg . Then I drained the diffs and transfer case and put in synthetic oil and Motorkote in those components and got 17mpg. This is highway fuel mileage .When I'm driving in the city I noticed everytime I let my foot off the gas it was like a jake brake was coming on , a friend of mine told me he'd cut out the catalytic converter on his truck and it made a difference. I tried it on mine and I've now got up to 18.4 mpg on the highway and now when I'm driving around town I have to use the Brake pedal a lot more coming up to stop signs. I don't know what kind of diesel truck you hve but maybe you want to look at some of these ideas. Even at a 10 % improvement that's still like driving one month out of the year for free!

It would have been interesting if a known BITOGER here, that does a lot of driving, would try this one just to let others know if it is worth the effort.
It is not possible for me to try it, since they don't ship outside the US and canada, and besides, I am doing some other testing now.

I think it would be worth it if you reduce fuel consumption with more than 5%.

5% reduction will be 18 days of free driving, during a year, so it should be easy to calculate whether it is worth it.

I don't think all the impressed truckers could be so wrong, when most of them find that it gives fuel saving, as well as improved engine characteristics.

It could be worth a try.

nick - How do you know how much fuel you are saving if you always use Motorkote in the truck?

As to the Cadillac, fantastic gains like that make me suspicious.

Mechteck2, I don't know if you read Nicks post, but he said that when he bought the truck,he was getting 13 miles per gallon. After he MotorKoted it, he was getting a tad over 14 miles per gallon.

He said this: "I bought a 3500 Silverado with a 6.5 in it two years ago and it was only getting 13mpg , I Motorkoted it and it went up to just over 14 mpg which does'nt seem like much of an improvement but it was still roughly 10%".

go to ebay and type in motorkote they ship to europe out of the ebay store motorkote$ and check the positive reviews customers seem happy .

We drove the cadillac home for 250 miles @ 65 mph and averaged 31 mpg on the cars computer after motorkoting it the computer went up to 34mpg by the second tank of gas. I have lots of friends that have motorkoted their vehicles and they all report back similar stories. The guy that invented this product was a chemistry professor at the University of Michigan he also invented Rainx. I have a friend that works at the truckstop in Bolingbrook on I-55 he's from Gary,In and he told me he would'nt run a vehicle without it and he also drag races with a Camaro,he told me he met the inventor at the drag strip and when he put it in his Camaro he got quicker Et's.

Me and a friend of mine used it on the road when we were doing expediting. My 318 and his ford never improved mileage wise, but our lifestyle was lots of heavy running, idling, hauling up to 2500 lbs in cargo vans. If you want to use it, then get the gallon and split it with a friend, thats what we did to save money.

I went back to using MMO and tcw3 2 cycle mostly in the gas and used t6 5w40 oil. You can spend your money , but overall, its just another way for the tuneup in a bottle companies to get your money.

Use MMO , in oil, tcw3 in gas, they work, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back