Motorcycles Blaring Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our HD's are loud so that the people in their cars texting can hear us and maybe not change into the same lane that we occupy. No excuse for disruptive music, thats being a douche. My bike auto adjusts for speed so not an issue but I am aware no one around me wants to hear my music at a light. Most of these bikes cost as much if not more thatn the little 4 door cages you are driving. Mine sits in the same garage as my 2019 ZR1 Vette, Yukon and 2020 M4 BMW so please don't stereo type anyone.

FDCG27 you are lulcky they did not follow you and pull you out of the car and teach you how to drive. Its people like you that are the problem. Yes there are some bad apples but the majority of us just like the ride.

TH
If you just like to ride then don't pace others making a lot of noise.
Most of us don't find that amusing,

You guys need to spend a few nights in Cyprus where Ninja’s race Busa’s and Ducati’s at 3 am right past your windows …
Waaaaayyyy worse than HD’s …

If I want to go for an ahem 'spirited' ride on the big-bore stroker 'Busa, I take it out where no one else will hear or see it.

canon-pics-240-jpg.32326

People get arrested and charged for doing things like that around here, according to what I read in the daily police blotter. "Brandishing".

well, I live in FLA... where Floriduh Tailgater man met Floriduh Armed Biker man.. and decided it was best to just not tailgate anymore.

also been known to I to just gob some Red Man on their windshield if they followed too close. :)

well, I live in FLA... where Floriduh Tailgater man met Floriduh Armed Biker man.. and decided it was best to just not tailgate anymore.

also been known to I to just gob some Red Man on their windshield if they followed too close. :)

Virginia has a law to cover that last one, too. Throwing a missile at an occupied vehicle. It's a felony. Florida Man wouldn't last a week in this state before he got locked up.

Maybe at 30mph loud pipes are noticable. But at highway and higher speeds, you dont hear the bike till it passes you. I dont mind louder exhaust, but i've never really heard a bike that sounded good loud. Most sound splatty.

When i rode a small Suzuki, I tried not to ride in driver blind spots. But we are smaller and harder to see. Mistakes happen , outrageously loud pipes don't sound good and just piss off the rest of the public, making the bike vs cage mentality worse, not better.

If i get another bike, i want the quietest exhaust available.

How do you do chew redman and spit behind you while wearing a helmet ? Maybe if you are wearing a skid lid. 3/4 or full face i don't see how.

Spend a few hours on a bike with the typical idiot driver not paying attention and you will see why it makes sense to have loud pipes. Riding without a helmet and full geat is stupid but people do it. We will all go down, its not a matter of if, its when. I'm in Sunny FL and I can tell you I rarely ride when the snow birds arrive, it's not worth my life. I have the brightest lights possible on my bike that are always on but it is inevitable that some car is going to pull out in front of me or cut me off. There is nothing quiet like being forced out of your lane my some chick texting as she drives too. I'm not defending the a-holes by any means but not all of us are that way, that's the point of this rant. Hell, I won't drive the Vette for the same reason.
Spending time around idiot drivers is easy to avoid. I've been riding on the street for 50 years and have never gone down. I can spot texters before they even get close to me, and I simply get away from them. Loud pipes do absolutely nothing but annoy people. Lighting on the bike, and wearing the proper gear is far more important than having loud pipes, which again, do absolutely nothing for safety...

You guys need to spend a few nights in Cyprus where Ninja’s race Busa’s and Ducati’s at 3 am right past your windows …
Waaaaayyyy worse than HD’s …
Only because it's 3 AM...

Virginia has a law to cover that last one, too. Throwing a missile at an occupied vehicle. It's a felony. Florida Man wouldn't last a week in this state before he got locked up.

its worth noting that RedMan is not a missile. anyway I look at it Virginia man would get robbed if he was in Fla. :)

Alright, folks - In 5 pages of threads, it looks like a "bash fest" aimed at those who ride Harleys. Since no new points are being made, and no real discussion taking place, it's time to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back