Motorcycles Blaring Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
We walk the dogs in an open area near an on ramp and for some reason some Mustangs are the loudest of anything that gets on it hard getting up to speed. What are they doing to make them so loud? Trucks not even close.
I’ve wondered the same thing. Maybe because they’re DOHC?

Do these 'noise emitters' (can't call it music) do this out in the desert or on mountain roads?

No, they don't. It's an odd, childish show off thing.

Now, if at red lights, gals swarmed onto and into blaring bikes and cars, you'd have something.

Seriously, the energies and monies needed to outfit this thudding blows my mind. may I call it "Consumerism Gone Wild"?

Do these 'noise emitters' (can't call it music) do this out in the desert or on mountain roads?

No, they don't. It's an odd, childish show off thing.

Now, if at red lights, gals swarmed onto and into blaring bikes and cars, you'd have something.

Seriously, the energies and monies needed to outfit this thudding blows my mind. may I call it "Consumerism Gone Wild"?
I think your right ........ I felt like the guy was trying to show off . I noticed he kinda kept his distance from the cars in front of him so he could play catch up and be loud at the same time .

most Harleys will only go a little more than 100.
at a certain point nothing overcomes the wind resistance.

the older bikes nowhere near that.
my 95 Electra Gide with the EVO engine would barely top 90 with atail wind.
Wait what? Most dirt bikes can hit 100 if you don't hit the rev limit first. My 3.5 v6 powered suv can hit 100 and it's barely fast enough to pull onto the highway

Yeah....can't stand the blaring music coming from bikes. It's not like it's annoying enough with loud pipes. Some people just crave attention and wouldn't know what to do if they didn't turn heads. That's why I never look at them.

Had a Harley keeping pace with me at every red light and had to hear his music blaring . The sound system was probably a few grand and with it being a Harley it must compete with the loud exhaust . Doesnt it make more sense to just use some ear buds or are you just trying to get attention ?
Ear buds and headphones are actually illegal to wear while riding and driving.

Years ago, I was driving down I-71 with my mother in our Vanagon.
A group of Harley riders with unmuffled pipes were pacing us in the left lane.
My mother said that she didn't like this. I told her I'd take care of it.
I gave the Vanagon's wheel a fast twitch to the left and the bike guys backed right off and faded in the rearview.
Wasn't going to hit anyone, just wanted to remind them that they were very vulnerable.
Guess they picked the wrong VW to mess with, as they were, on the wrong day.

Years ago, I was driving down I-71 with my mother in our Vanagon.
A group of Harley riders with unmuffled pipes were pacing us in the left lane.
My mother said that she didn't like this. I told her I'd take care of it.
I gave the Vanagon's wheel a fast twitch to the left and the bike guys backed right off and faded in the rearview.
Wasn't going to hit anyone, just wanted to remind them that they were very vulnerable.
Guess they picked the wrong VW to mess with, as they were, on the wrong day.

I've had the opposite and did s similar thing.
on my bike and some jackwagon keeps tailgating me.. persistent tailgater if you know what I mean
finally take my 38 out of my left pocket and hold it in my left hand so car driver can see me..

now he gets it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4WD
Our HD's are loud so that the people in their cars texting can hear us and maybe not change into the same lane that we occupy. No excuse for disruptive music, thats being a douche. My bike auto adjusts for speed so not an issue but I am aware no one around me wants to hear my music at a light. Most of these bikes cost as much if not more thatn the little 4 door cages you are driving. Mine sits in the same garage as my 2019 ZR1 Vette, Yukon and 2020 M4 BMW so please don't stereo type anyone.

FDCG27 you are lulcky they did not follow you and pull you out of the car and teach you how to drive. Its people like you that are the problem. Yes there are some bad apples but the majority of us just like the ride.

TH

Our HD's are loud so that the people in their cars texting can hear us and maybe not change into the same lane that we occupy. No excuse for disruptive music, thats being a douche. My bike auto adjusts for speed so not an issue but I am aware no one around me wants to hear my music at a light. Most of these bikes cost as much if not more thatn the little 4 door cages you are driving. Mine sits in the same garage as my 2019 ZR1 Vette, Yukon and 2020 M4 BMW so please don't stereo type anyone.

FDCG27 you are lulcky they did not follow you and pull you out of the car and teach you how to drive. Its people like you that are the problem. Yes there are some bad apples but the majority of us just like the ride.

TH

Nice collection of wheels !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back