motorcycle oil filters.....what do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm wondering what everyone uses in thier bike,

i am currently using the napa power sports filter ps4934 but they have just switched to korean manufacturing so i'm looking at other options. i can only find the K&N filter online,so its hard to figure out just how many choices i have.

Purolator "Premium Plus" - not the "Pure One".

There has been some controversy in using the "Pure One" filter and the argument is that they are so efficient that the amount of pressure needed for flow is higher than the "Premium Plus" filters. I don't know if this is so, but I'll punt and just use the "Premium Plus" filters.

O'Reilly's has the same filter in their "Micron" series and the numbers are the same as the Purolator filters.

It's interesting to note that for all of the motorcycle UOA's posted out here - that the brand of filter didn't seem to make any difference.

On my Suzukis, I've used OEM, WIX/NAPA, and Purolators from Amazon when they have 'em on special for like $5 or $6.
thumbsup2.gif

On my GL1800, I use the Honda OEM filter made by Toyo Roki.

Now that the supplier for those has been changed to Filtech, I'll likely start using a NAPA filter once my stash of Toyo Roki's is gone.

I've used Perf-Form for about 10 years on one bike and have been using HD, K&N, and Perf-Form on the other. Perf-Form only makes bike filters and they make them to the OEM specs for flow bypass, etc. Glass enhnanced synthetic media and top notch construction. They also make them in OEM lengths (three different lengths for an Evo for example just as the OEM). But they are expensive. $11.00 for black. But I run them one year since I only get about 5K or less per year, per bike of riding in. So about a buck a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back