Motorcraft Yellow in Hyundai?

I had to top off my Bronco coolant not long after I bought it and got a jug of motorcraft yellow coolant. I noticed my wife’s palisade needs some. Radiator is full but overflow is empty. I checked her owners manual and it calls for a generic spec.

Ethylene Glycol with Phosphate based coolant

Seems Zerex Asian fits the bill but I don’t necessarily want to buy another jug of specialty coolant if the MC yellow qualifies.

As an alternative I could add some distilled water as they outline but I’m not sure how bad about 8-10 ounces of water will throw off the mixture in the system. Would rather add 50/50.

So: does MC yellow qualify as Ethylene Glycol with phosphate based?

I certainly wouldn't mix coolants cause you just don't know what you're getting. That said MC yellow is a P-OAT whereas Hyundai Green is a P-HOAT coolant, if you were to completely drain and refill the coolant with MC yellow it would probably be fine, Hyundai cooling systems are not picky. In the future if you really don't want to have multiple coolants then just get one of those universal coolants, not ideal but won't cause any strange reactions with different coolants.

I may be wrong but I think Motorcraft Yellow is basically the newer 10 year Prestone coolant which Prestone calls a 'universal'. It does have phosphates and I would feel better adding it to my P-HOAT OE coolant than something totally different like G-05.

I may be wrong but I think Motorcraft Yellow is basically the newer 10 year Prestone coolant which Prestone calls a 'universal'. It does have phosphates and I would feel better adding it to my P-HOAT OE coolant than something totally different like G-05.
That’s the idea I gathered but I wanted to ask those who know more before I did. I wasn’t really sure what the difference between PHOAT AND POAT. They are both phosphate so it seems to match up to the spec but I want to make sure before I do something regrettable. My Ford manual made the spec very specific so I just went and got what they wanted. Hyundai specs are as specific as a shotgun blast.

I know on the surface it seems like an odd question but trying to get down to what Hyundai is actually asking for.

That’s the idea I gathered but I wanted to ask those who know more before I did. I wasn’t really sure what the difference between PHOAT AND POAT. They are both phosphate so it seems to match up to the spec but I want to make sure before I do something regrettable. My Ford manual made the spec very specific so I just went and got what they wanted. Hyundai specs are as specific as a shotgun blast.

I know on the surface it seems like an odd question but trying to get down to what Hyundai is actually asking for.
It's not very specific, I'm surprised your palisade even mentions phosphate based coolant, most Hyundai's say glycol based coolant and that's it, my 2016 says you can use conventional green as long as it's replaced every 20k or so.

you’ll be fine. Asian coolants use sebacate or benzoate - so does MC yellow/Prestone Cor-Guard. 2-EHA is in the latter. Yes, Dex-Cool and nylon/silicone gaskets fail, but so does the RTV seal on Toyota MZ/UR valley plates with OE coolant.

Back