Motorcraft @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was excited to hear that Walmart is stocking Motorcraft oil and filters again. It is the most convenient and cheapest place for me to source these oils and filters.

I stopped in my local Wallyworld today and I was dissappointed to see that there wasn't any Motorcraft on the shelf. I was just about to leave and at the end of the isle against the wall where they put the overstock stuff they had about a dozen cases of Motorcraft oil and unopened boxes of filters.

I scored two cases of 5W30, one case of 15W40 and an unopened case of 12 FL820S filters.

I wonder what the real reason Walmart stopped carrying Motorcraft stuff (like they did with Chevron a while back but that has been brought back too).

The Motorcraft seems to be a favorite as the oil and filters both move quickly.

The Motorcraft filters are now cheaper at Advance Auto than at Walmart and I think the oil jumped from $1.42 qt to $1.88 qt. Looks like Motorcraft won that battle.

The 5w-20 at AA locally is $2.25/quart. Wally's still wins if they bring it back to the local store. The filters are there in the popular #'s.

Well, I just got back from AA and they appear to be selling the 5w-20 at about a dime over what Wally World did when they stocked it. It's $1.98 ..last time it was on anything but the clearance shelf ..it was $1.88 at Wally's. The rest (non-semi) was $1.44 at that time. Naturally I still have a fair supply of the $0.50 clearance 5w-20 ...so
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ssmokn:
I wonder what the real reason Walmart stopped carrying Motorcraft stuff (like they did with Chevron a while back but that has been brought back too).

From what I've read on this site, Ford dealerships complained about Wal-Mart undercutting their price on the oil (or something like that). I think some Ford dealers were even purchasing the oil from Wal-Mart as the price there was cheaper than if they purchased it through their normal distribution channels (again, going from memory here).

But looks like we won out in the end, although Wal-Mart did jack up the price a bit.

We have MC 15w-40 for the 1st time and I am thinking about trying it. What's the big feature of Conoco oil anyway, high adds level?

Funny thing I've noticed:
Every time my local WM gets a new shipment of MC filters, within one day somebody cleans out the entire stock of FL-820S filters. The others remain largely untouched. Maybe the WM lube express uses up all the MC FL820S filters.
dunno.gif

I was vry happy to see Motorcraft oils and filters back at my local Supercenter. The FL400S for my Ranger has increased to $3.23, but that's still a good price for a quality filter. The oils were $1.88, which is a good price when you shop around for syn blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back