Motorcraft full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try PepBoys. It they don't have the Motorcraft brand, they carry Kendall which is essentially the same thing (maybe better, titanium additive).

I had found 4 qts in an AA about a week ago (and I needed 5). Today I found another 6 at a different AA. A full syn 5w20 for under $3 a qt. isn't bad. I've heard this is made with Korean syn. base oil. Does anybody know anything about this Korean stuff?

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Advance Auto is closing it out for $2.95/qt
So it's discontinued at Advanced and my local Pep Boys no longer stocks it???
Sup??

Originally Posted By: pbm
I had found 4 qts in an AA about a week ago (and I needed 5). Today I found another 6 at a different AA. A full syn 5w20 for under $3 a qt. isn't bad. I've heard this is made with Korean syn. base oil. Does anybody know anything about this Korean stuff?

The Motorcraft base stock is an Excel Paralube product (or at least used to be), and all other ConocoPhillips oils use Korean base stock. Conoco's Korean base oil comes from S-Oil.

With GS Caltex, SK Corporation and S-Oil, South Korea produces about 45% of the world's group III bases in three facilities. There's probably many other oil companies using Korean base stocks than what many of us realize. I've used the Kendall Full Synthetic in the past with great results, and so I have full trust in the Korean products.

Gary

Last edited:
Great. First we have German Castrol, now Korean group III syn. Aint puttin no furr-in oil in my cheby!
15.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mxhdroom
Originally Posted By: pbm

The Motorcraft base stock is an Excel Paralube product (or at least used to be), and all other ConocoPhillips oils use Korean base stock. Conoco's Korean base oil comes from S-Oil.

With GS Caltex, SK Corporation and S-Oil, South Korea produces about 45% of the world's group III bases in three facilities. There's probably many other oil companies using Korean base stocks than what many of us realize. I've used the Kendall Full Synthetic in the past with great results, and so I have full trust in the Korean products.

Gary

The Group II part of the Motorcraft blend is made at the Excel Paralube facility. The Group III part is from South Korea. Nothing wrong with the Group III's made in South Korea.

I don't think its discontinued. You'll be able to buy it all day long from you local Ford stealership for $8.20 a quart.
It wasn't selling at Advanced Auto so they pulled it. I was told Advanced wouldn't be carrying the MC blend either. Let's face it, Motorcraft doesn't have a big add campaign for its oil so people are going to pay up for Royal Purple for their 4000mi OCI's.

Originally Posted By: Fishhawk460
I don't think its discontinued. You'll be able to buy it all day long from you local Ford stealership for $8.20 a quart.
It wasn't selling at Advanced Auto so they pulled it. I was told Advanced wouldn't be carrying the MC blend either. Let's face it, Motorcraft doesn't have a big add campaign for its oil so people are going to pay up for Royal Purple for their 4000mi OCI's.
Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back