Motorcraft FL820S cut open 2k miles

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Latching on to the "engine failures" straw grasping in this discussion is a diversion from the real issue ... bad quality.

Yes. Look a bunny!

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
If there are SO MANY of these filters failing and causing engine problems, I sure wish you would post some of these engine failures.
If not........
coffee2.gif
35.gif

Now you are just trolling. I never said that any of them caused engine problems. What I DID say is that MANY of them have failed--cut ADBV, torn media. and the like. For you to say they are the best despite all of that is not only illogical, it is disingenuous. If paying for a filter that is known to do all of that is OK with you, then who am I to argue with that flawed thought process?

[/quote]

PLEASE, let all of these FL-820S experts on how this filter is such a failure, show us PROOF of an engine that has failed from this filter.
BTW, my son will be doing an OCI this weekend on his 04 F-150 Lariat with the 5.4 engine. And, he will be using one of these failing 820S filters. When his engine fails from said filter, I will post it here.
smirk2.gif
[/quote]

Careful what you ask for.

Originally Posted by kschachn
+1
PLEASE, let all of these FL-820S experts on how this filter is such a failure, show us PROOF of an engine that has failed from this filter.

So if we had multiple, documented failures of a tire brand on here, but no one died you'd say they are the greatest tires in the world? No logic in this argument at all, just someone blindly supporting a brand because someone is employed by the parent company.

I understand loyalty but that is rank ignorance.

I have been a MC oil filter fan LONG before my son was ever born.
So, what will your next ignorant reply about me liking MC filters be?

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
If there are SO MANY of these filters failing and causing engine problems, I sure wish you would post some of these engine failures.
If not........
coffee2.gif
35.gif

Now you are just trolling. I never said that any of them caused engine problems. What I DID say is that MANY of them have failed--cut ADBV, torn media. and the like. For you to say they are the best despite all of that is not only illogical, it is disingenuous. If paying for a filter that is known to do all of that is OK with you, then who am I to argue with that flawed thought process?

FLAWED thought process? Are you saying something is wrong with my mind? I would have thought that you, of all people on here, would start to cut me down. I'm very surprised in you 2015_PSD! SMH!
shocked.gif

Originally Posted by Fattylocks
[/quote]

BTW, my son will be doing an OCI this weekend on his 04 F-150 Lariat with the 5.4 engine. And, he will be using one of these failing 820S filters. When his engine fails from said filter, I will post it here.
smirk2.gif

Careful what you ask for.
[/quote]
IF It were to happen to his engine, it would be the VERY 1st failure from an 820S.
All l see is a few arm chair QB's just being in denial (not the river in Egypt)

I have been a MC oil filter fan ...

fan ... you know the rest, lol.
laugh.gif

Are you saying something is wrong with my mind?

No, not at all. I should have written that a bit differently, but the edit time ran out. All good and all in jest.

IF It were to happen to his engine, it would be the VERY 1st failure from an 820S.

Have you verified that every engine in the world hasn't had an issue from a failed oil filter, any brand? 820S are filters that fail, so pose the same risk as any other filter that fails. Even Ford Tech Talk video says a torn oil filter can cause problems to Ford engines, and show why. I'm sure you've seen that video posted here a few times.

Would you use any brand of filter besides Motorcraft if you knew they have a tendency to fail?

Have you verified that every engine in the world hasn't had an issue from a failed oil filter, any brand? 820S are filters that fail, so pose the same risk as any other filter that fails. Even Ford Tech Talk video says a torn oil filter can cause problems to Ford engines, and show why. I'm sure you've seen that video posted here a few times.

Would you use any brand of filter besides Motorcraft if you knew they have a tendency to fail?

Some watch videos, I have used the filter.

No failures in 300,000 miles on my application, where's your application? Or you just throwing info, and videos around with no proof of an engine failure yet?

Like I said, no recalls on this filter either so far as I'm concerned this topic is not worth discussing anymore.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge

Some watch videos, I have used the filter.

No failures in 300,000 miles on my application, where's your application? Or you just throwing info, and videos around with no proof of an engine failure yet?

Like I said, no recalls on this filter either so far as I'm concerned this topic is not worth discussing anymore.

You think Ford is blowing smoke about torn media? Now people want proof that engines blow-up from torn media, otherwise it's just fine for media to tear and potentially send pieces of media into the engine, lol. People can use what ever they want, it's not my vehicle.
grin2.gif
Just funny how some people look at stuff - gotta have a major disaster to make them see the whole picture.

Look carefully at time 0:54.

I have been a MC oil filter fan LONG before my son was ever born.
So, what will your next ignorant reply about me liking MC filters be?

I have hope in people so I tried.

I stopped using them. No point when you can buy a better filter and not have to worry of it tearing. I've used lots of 820S but not no more. I switched to Fram.

Moderator needs to lock it up. Enough opinions have been said, now the bashing starts.

Thanks for the cut and post.
That is one ugly filter, but MC oil filters are still the BEST!
thumbsup2.gif

Based on non-existent data.

Maybe best in YOUR book, but no one else's.....

where is any data on failed FL820s causing any issues with any engine...I have asked this before and I get that a Ford tech says torn filters can cause issues...so can putting diesel fuel in a truck meant to run gasoline...where are all these engine failures that can be attributed to these cheap FL820s filters???...

I am active of Ford F150 forums that have countless members who use the Ford recommended FL820s filters and have never read of one example of an engine issue that was traced to using this FL820s filter...further, several mechanics who make their living on Fords still recommend this filter and I doubt it's because it gets them business...don't you think the story would be out by now if this filter caused issues with vehicles designed to use them???

Bill

Amazing how the discussion migrated from torn filters to the new standard of failed engines.

At least this deflection and obfuscation has validated the notion of failed filters and we're not having to reiterate that discussion again. Failed filters is apparently assumed, it's just what damage does it cause.

Take what victory you can get I guess.

I hope the thread migration is not pointed at me (and I'm not saying you did) as I just responded to posts already on this thread and others like it...I did ask of any issues with engines designed to use them...I haven't seen evidence of that...

I have seen evidence of torn filter media in filters that are cut open (and how else would you see them without cutting the filter open) but I also have seen that this filter still being recommended by many who have much more history to their advice than do some of the nay sayers of the FL810S filter...

I appreciate those who have done the trail blazing on showing some FL810S filters with torn filter media but I also appreciate those who work on these engines designed for the FL810S often that report no issues...

in the time I have used the FL810S filter (4 times thus far) with full synthetic oil (not the synthetic blend) my personal F150 has improved from when I received it in wounded condition (the original owner used whatever filter and synthetic blend Firestone at LONG oil change intervals)...I don't attribute that to the oil filter but neither do I find in my own experience that the filter has failed...

of course and as always...YMMV

Bill

Back