Motorcraft FL2121 200 hours/11.4K kms.

Cut this open for a family member. Unfortunately the can got completely crushed from removing it. He over tightened it then when installed from the looks of things then had a hard time getting it off. It ended up getting crushed some from the filter wrench. These have no grip and he had a really rough time getting it off. It’s from a 2020 Ford F150 with the 5.0. It had 200 hours on it which equated to 11400 kms in 6 months and 2% remaining on the oil life monitor.

IMG_9413.jpeg

IMG_9414.jpeg

IMG_9415.jpeg

IMG_9416.jpeg

Cut this open for a family member. Unfortunately the can got completely crushed from removing it. He over tightened it then when installed from the looks of things then had a hard time getting it off. It ended up getting crushed some from the filter wrench. These have no grip and he had a really rough time getting it off. It’s from a 2020 Ford F150 with the 5.0. It had 200 hours on it which equated to 11400 kms in 6 months and 2% remaining on the oil life monitor.

View attachment 220470

View attachment 220471

View attachment 220472

View attachment 220473

Nice photos and great cut and post. What oil and filter went in and back on? Thank You sir

Is that a mesh backing I see in third pic from top? Looks like these Champ Labs made MC use polyester end caps. My understanding just temporary replacement because of supply issues with Puro made MC. What I can see, looks fine.

Thanks for c&p.

It's a long one!
Glad to see some decent filter area - even though the pleats are shallow. This may help prevent tearing.
Given the large sump of almost 9 quarts and that big filter, 7K mi (11K km) should be an easy OCI as long as idling is kept in check. Given the reported hrs., this vehicle likely had some idling time on it - or a fair % of highway driving. Oil soot looks like its idling though. - Arco

edited for grammar and clarity 5MAY24_1115hrs

Last edited:
Is that a mesh backing I see in third pic from top? Looks like these Champ Labs made MC use polyester end caps. My understanding just temporary replacement because of supply issues with Puro made MC. What I can see, looks fine.

Thanks for c&p.
Wow that really does look like a mesh lining! I didn’t notice that until now. But it’s not. Just from the flash I believe. It is a normal filter media but it’s much stronger then the old style FL500s that it’s equivalent to.

It's a long one! Glad to see some decent filter area - even though the pleats are shallow. This may help with tearing.
Given the large sump of almost 9 quarts and that big filter, 7K mi (11K km) should be an easy OCI as long as idling is kept in check. Given the hrs this had some idling on it - or a fair % of highway driving. Oil soot looks like its idling though. - Arco
This one does get warmed up in the mornings but then it’s basically all highway for him to get to work. And several longer highway trips. Complete opposite of my personal truck which averages half of his km/hr.

This one does get warmed up in the mornings but then it’s basically all highway for him to get to work. And several longer highway trips. Complete opposite of my personal truck which averages half of his km/hr.
Thanks.
I am not familar with all coyote, is this gen truck engine direct injection?

View attachment 220470

View attachment 220471

View attachment 220472

View attachment 220473
Nice champ labs made filter. Your buddy could probably save some money by getting a champ or ST branded version. Same thing (I think) for less$$

Back