Motorcraft 820s cut open

I do not have an oil filter cutter so i cut this open with a pair of with a pair of tin snips.

Attachments

• 20210206_164553.jpg
    20210206_164553.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 206
6k miles, it was not torn, but i did not like how it looked, used m1 truck and suv 5w20 4qts and m1 truck and suv 5w30 2 qts. Still have a little tick in this engine. Mustang 4.6 in sig

Well that’s what I use on the Escape just installed a new one yesterday during the oil change. I might send mine to be cut and posted but don’t know I’d hate to do that.

I don’t think I could bring myself to do it. Lol. They aren’t really meant to be cut open.
Sure they are ... why do you think a special cutter was invented? Ask any pro mechanic if they cut open oil filters to check for any internal engine problems going on. Every race team on earth has an oil filter cutter.

Every few months someone here makes a post about the FL820 and then the haters come out of the woodwork, saying it tears or that it will destroy your engine. Take it all with a grain of salt. Ford wouldn't use it and risk engines blowing under warranty if it was bad.
Ford doesn't put these on from the factory on new vehicles

Back