Motomaster Oil...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for Shell and was told by a manager that the stuff in the red jug is Shell's basic dino, the silver jug is Shell's synthetic blend (and it says on the jug that it contains synth), and the gold jug Shell synth.
Yes they are good oils.

Thanks for the feeback.. But do you have any insite as to why they are a good oil..

I purchased 5 jugs of the CT Synth for my Accord and Odyssey, and so far I have no complaints..

Quote:

I work for Shell and was told by a manager that the stuff in the red jug is Shell's basic dino, the silver jug is Shell's synthetic blend (and it says on the jug that it contains synth), and the gold jug Shell synth.
Yes they are good oils.

i grabbed 6 bottles of the Formula1 Synthetic (gold bottle) 5W-30 for my Mom's 2000 Mercury Cougar 2.5

i did the oil change 2 days ago, and so far the car has been running very smooth. seems start-ups are even smoother than the Mobil1 5W-30 that was previously in there.

i took a sample of the Mobil1 when i drained it. will be sending to Blackstone for analysis.

i intend on running the same OCI for the Motomaster oil, and doing UOA on that to. comparison should be interesting.

EDIT:

#@$%!... no edit button for posts? whats that all about?

anyways, i forgot to mention: i paid $3.99 per bottle for the full synthetic, which is a wicked price here in Canada for synth! if the UOA turns out similar to the Mobil1 UOA, you can bet i'll be sticking with the cheaper stuff!

oh, and the OCI is 8,000 KM

Bennyl.. I am planning also to perform a UOA which will be next Mar @ approx 8500km...

I did notice on a few other threads about CT(Shell)synth oils that their is a possibility that the base stock is from Petro-Canada. And from those threads, the PC base stocks are highly regarded

yeah, not sure about autolab and nugold. i wouldn't trust those oils.

i wonder who makes motomaster oil filters, though...

really? how do u know?

and which FRAM filters are they? same as normal FRAM, or maybe same as their cheaper "Defense" line?

It's true, Motomaster filters have been Frams for as long as I can remember. They are just the regular line of Frams (Duraguard), not the Defense line.

Can you believe the selection of Canadian Tire house brand oils! First you have the ultra cheap autolab at 8 bucks a jug, then the nugold at 13, supreme at 14, f1 dino at 15, f1 HM at 17, f1 blend at 20, and then the f1 full syn at 26. I guess they are trying to hog as much shelf space as possible.

my dad used Nugold Motomaster oil exclusively in his two commercial trucks and they lasted for years under harsh hauling conditions. He got over 600,000 kms on both of his gas powered GMC engines before he got rid of the trucks, the engines were still fine when he sold the trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back