MotoMaster OEPLUS Premium Synthetic

Maybe we should post one here on the forums.. a chart, with all the info that you guys have collected for reference purposes ?

Funny that CT MotoMaster OEPlus 0W-20 by Shell will have a Dexos Gen3 certification. But Shell's own Pennzoil Ultra Platinum does not.

I think you just converted me over to MM OEPlus.

This oil may not be made by Shell. The labels says “Developed With Shell Technology.”

They may have a contract to buy GTL base from Shell or whatever.

I think one has to be careful making assumptions on this oil. I’m not disparaging it, it’s probably a good oil.
Yeah I hear ya. But still, as long as the oil is SP and DexG3, then I'm starting to feel that price is all that matters.

Notwithstanding some differences in oils within a viscosity spec (say 0W-20), a "fine wine" analogy seems to apply to me where price isn't an issue.

This oil may not be made by Shell. The labels says “Developed With Shell Technology.”

They may have a contract to buy GTL base from Shell or whatever.

I think one has to be careful making assumptions on this oil. I’m not disparaging it, it’s probably a good oil.

You think Canadian Tire has their own blending facility or something? (they don't)

No but someone is doing the blending. The label might be a requirement that Shell asked for. We may never know. If it were made by Shell then it would say so instead of the current labeling.

Shell has a facility in Canada. All the Pennzoil for our market is made here. The lone exception being the 0w30 Euro stuff, which is made in Germany... And so is the Motomaster 0w30 Euro.

It's very likely the same stuff in a different bottle.

Last edited:
Back