MotoMaster OEPLUS Premium Synthetic

Just found out that Shell Oil Products is the one who is the supplier... for MotoMaster OEPLUS Premium Synthetic products

Shell has the Helix Ultra series , but I'm sure it's more expensive than Canadian Tire branding.

I'm checking this list of Dexos 1 gen 3 certified motor oil

Also Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic and Quaker State Full Synthetic made by Shell.

And also this link from Royal Purple confirms gen 3 is more protective https://www.royalpurple.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Dexos_Gen3_SpiderGraph_TransPBkgnd.png

Plus, here is some numbers https://www.royalpurple.com/product/high-performance-motor-oil/

Last edited:
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Canuck Tire has around 500 retail outlets, so whoever has the contract this month better have the product available. And it might be a different supplier in Vancouver than Halifax.
Price talks and spider graphs walk when it comes to API specs imo.
Cambodian Tire (or Newfie Speed & Sport) had 15w40 RT-T5 on for $80 for 5 US gallons last summer, so I bought 5 pails which equates to $60 USD each.
Brand loyality goes out the window when the price is right.

Dex_1 gen_3 may be labeled gen_2 until the old stock sell-down is complete. Look for API SP which is the new stuff.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Canuck Tire has around 500 retail outlets, so whoever has the contract this month better have the product available. And it might be a different supplier in Vancouver than Halifax.
Cambodian Tire (or Newfie Speed & Sport) had 15w40 RT-T5 on for $80 for 5 US gallons last summer, so I bought 5 pails which equates to $60 USD each.

Dex_1 gen_3 may be labeled gen_2 until the old stock sell-down is complete. Look for API SP which is the new stuff.
So, for you what gm dexos website is stating is false... wow come on man

Here is an example. Motomaster is listed right after Mobil. Their number ends with 014. Shell products have numbers that end with 014. That also includes Pennzoil and Quaker State.

267E1C4E-0DC7-44CA-B519-07A57C5B1A3B.png

With over 200 to choose from, what would make Royal Purple better than the others?

www.api.org

The process is simple. First purchase the base oils you need, an API SP additive package, shake it up and send it to GM for testing. Vola!
Who needs a spider graph? The posted one looks home made.

Question; How many additive companies in North America sell an SP approved additive package? I can think of 5 off the top of my head.
How many oil refiners can you buy group II, III and IV base oils from in North America? Maybe 5 or 6 if you include Pearl GTL.

So my answer is: If Canadian Tire is the cheapest today, price trumps spider graphs. rock paper sissors.

With over 200 to choose from, what would make Royal Purple better than the others?

www.api.org

The process is simple. First purchase the base oils you need, an API SP additive package, shake it up and send it to GM for testing. Vola!
Who needs a spider graph? The posted one looks home made.

Question; How many additive companies in North America sell an SP approved additive package? I can think of 5 off the top of my head.
How many oil refiners can you buy group II, III and IV base oils from in North America? Maybe 5 or 6 if you include Pearl GTL.

So my answer is: If Canadian Tire is the cheapest today, price trumps spider graphs. rock paper sissors.
it is not what I meant... the graph taken from Royal Purple is a graph about dexos 1 gen3 oil benefits.

The Shell logo is right on the back of the bottle.

MM OE+ is good oil, personally I don't care for SP or D1G3 specs and favor VW504/507 and MB229.52 over the former two.
MM OE+ have Euro 0w-30 oil which is basically Penn Plat Euro LX or Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3.

I guess the bottom line is that if a dexos license is what you want then purchase an oil that has the license.
Being pragmatic is a lost art, replaced by theory. When there's more than one solution to a problem, the easiest one is correct.

Case in point; I went to the Petro-Canada store to buy a pail of 5W40 Duron and found their 5W30 Dex_1_gen_3/SP $6 cheaper per 5L jug than Costco.
Instead of driving around, price checking and looking at the bottom of oil bottles trying to figure out who packaged what, I bought a 4x5L box.

Being pragmatic is a lost art, replaced by theory. When there's more than one solution to a problem, the easiest one is correct.

Case in point; I went to the Petro-Canada store to buy a pail of 5W40 Duron and found their 5W30 Dex_1_gen_3/SP $6 cheaper per 5L jug than Costco.
Instead of driving around, price checking and looking at the bottom of oil bottles trying to figure out who packaged what, I bought a 4x5L box.
Did you see 0W20 grade ?

Gen 4 is already in the works. You can find the story at www.fuelsandlubes.com
Interesting article, here is the link for the others .

I forgot to post the link in my original post.. https://www.gmdexos.com/brands/dexos1_3/index.html

You'll see there is a list of certified dexos 1 gen3 and a column "supplier"

The list is not consistent and possibly full of errors. Amazon does not supply for their brand, that would be Highline Warren. As you go down that list there are quite a few discrepancies. Supertech supplied by Walmart is another example.

Back