Motomaster Eliminator Floor Jack - 3 tons, 24 “ lift

Bought this new floor jack, available in Canada at Canadian Tire. On sale for $220 CDN.
Has dual cylinders, can pump up to full height unloaded with 6 pumps the pedal. Shown with my old 2 ton jack with 14 inches of lift. Enjoy.

B1EAE4B6-F75E-4513-94B0-3E75C2F6D2B4.jpeg

the second floor jack(old one) is also known as a trolley jack.

the new one seems decent.. the HF daytona line is pretty good for around 190$ here.

Reactions: JC1
I need a new jack none of my current ones fit under the front of the elantra.

Driving it up on ramps to jack it up with a jack is annoying.... Mainly only an issue for tire rotations and winter tire changeover.

one day one of those daytona jacks might be adopted.

or I could just drive it up on some 2x10's or similar to get some clearance.

I need a new jack none of my current ones fit under the front of the elantra.

Driving it up on ramps to jack it up with a jack is annoying.... Mainly only an issue for tire rotations and winter tire changeover.

one day one of those daytona jacks might be adopted.

or I could just drive it up on some 2x10's or similar to get some clearance.

I’d buy 2x the 1.5 ton aluminum jacks, and lift up from two points at a time. For less than $120 for both.

OPs jack looks like a solid unit. They have their place. But weight and size are considerations too.

The Daytona is so similar I’ll bet they come out of the same factory. The Eliminator has a foot pump, and so does a version of the Daytona.

One have to bet these things come out of but so many factories. I’d have to wonder if the Daytona super duty has some special additions... to justify their premium over the non super-duty line.

Ive not looked at any of these close enough, but seems like you got a nice upgrade.

I’d buy 2x the 1.5 ton aluminum jacks, and lift up from two points at a time. For less than $120 for both.

OPs jack looks like a solid unit. They have their place. But weight and size are considerations too.

I'd actually only need one for the front. the other jacks fit in the back.. and im sure if i needed both fronts lifted lifting one side would give me clearance for my current jack on the other side.. it literally doesnt fit under by 1/2"

I'd consider an aluminum but the 1.5ton is flimsy looking.. a good idea though since I'd only be using it on the light car and 1000lb tractor

One have to bet these things come out of but so many factories. I’d have to wonder if the Daytona super duty has some special additions... to justify their premium over the non super-duty line.

Yes, the Daytona yellow super duty has the “upgrade” of U cup shaped hydraulic seals placed on the dual-pump pistons compared to standard O-rings found in rest of the “regular Daytona” line. The U cups are more durable than O rings when placed on the pump pistons or the main ram. The main ram on the yellow Daytona is still made with an O ring seal.

It’s been recently noticed that there are a few Torin jacks and rebranded versions that have U cups on the pump pistons and the main ram. Impossible to know if the Eliminator is one of the new jacks with all U cups until either someone disassembles one and tells the internet, the manufacturer releases a diagram of the hydraulic unit, or someone sells a seal rebuild kit; however, it’s advertised similar to the other ones.

Last edited:
Yes, the Daytona yellow super duty has the “upgrade” of U cup shaped hydraulic seals placed on the dual-pump pistons compared to standard O-rings found in rest of the “regular Daytona” line. The U cups are more durable than O rings when placed on the pump pistons or the main ram. The main ram on the yellow Daytona is still made with an O ring seal.

It’s been recently noticed that there are a few Torin jacks and rebranded versions that have U cups on the pump pistons and the main ram. Impossible to know if the Eliminator is one of the new jacks with all U cups until either someone disassembles one and tells the internet, the manufacturer releases a diagram of the hydraulic unit, or someone sells a seal rebuild kit; however, it’s advertised similar to the other ones.

Hey ajchien, I hope you don't mind me quoting your (and others) excellent info over at that "tool forum" indicating a few brands in the $200+ range that should be a tad better than the HF Daytona:

" To summarize that Menards thread: The Menards Masterforce, Torin JackBoss (Tractor supply), and Northern tools Yellowjacket all use the same internal seal kit and share the same rebuild kit which includes notably a U-cup on the main lift ram while the Yellow Daytona uses the less durable o-ring/retainer on the main ram. "

Last edited:
Hey ajchien, I hope you don't mind me quoting your (and others) excellent info over at that "tool forum" indicating a few brands in the $200 range that should be a tad better than the HF Daytona:

" To summarize that Menards thread: The Menards Masterforce, Torin JackBoss (Tractor supply), and Northern tools Yellowjacket all use the same internal seal kit and share the same rebuild kit which includes notably a U-cup on the main lift ram while the Yellow Daytona uses the less durable o-ring/retainer on the main ram. "

when shopping for a hydraulic jack, buyers are bombarded with a lot of options. low height, max height, low profile shape, chassis length, speedy lift / dual pistons, u joint release mechanisms, saddle size, aluminum/hybrid/steel, jack weight, color scheme, zerk fittings etc.

However, it’s sometimes really difficult to find information about the internal components of an import jack that can affect durability. There are many variables when it comes to Jack durability. U cups vs. O rings on the main ram/pump pistons just happens to be one variable that a consumer can potentially use to differentiate jacks, if the hydraulic unit design is otherwise the same.

If you care to read more, there is a thread from a long time ago. There are 2 fairly experienced hydraulic cylinder folks posting on the thread regarding the choice of seals used on jacks. The vitriol Edgar has for O rings is kind of funny. I’ve never seen someone rant so much about a small piece of rubber. Fun starts at post #24: https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187801&showall=1

Tried the Motomaster out. Changed out the summer tires for winters. I like the foot peddle feature where I positioned the jack and pushed down on the foot peddle with my hand to bring the jack pad up to the frame in one push. I only had to lift it a few inches, so wasn’t much of a test just yet.

1F389D88-C2F1-4B17-AC9E-2D064A23F8E7.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd actually only need one for the front. the other jacks fit in the back.. and im sure if i needed both fronts lifted lifting one side would give me clearance for my current jack on the other side.. it literally doesnt fit under by 1/2"

I'd consider an aluminum but the 1.5ton is flimsy looking.. a good idea though since I'd only be using it on the light car and 1000lb tractor

Given that it has lifted, and held, my Ram 2500 diesel on the (heavy) front end, Id say it isnt all that flimsy. It is rated to lift 3000#.

THe benefit to two light jacks is that you can lift a side or an end very, very evenly, and together. While cars are stiff and can handle it, I like the added support and lack of twisting the unibody by lifting at two points.

Yes, the Daytona yellow super duty has the “upgrade” of U cup shaped hydraulic seals placed on the dual-pump pistons compared to standard O-rings found in rest of the “regular Daytona” line.

I need to correct myself because what I wrote above is not quite right. I know it’s a over month late for this thread ... but this is for folks that may be reading in the future ...

I happened to re-look at the pictures from another forum where a member opened the yellow Daytona and posted pictures ...

See post #1129: https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338200&highlight=Daytona&page=57

pic#1 is the two pump pistons, and the main ram piston on pics #2 and #3.

On those pictures, regarding the “dual pumps”, the yellow Daytona uses a u-cup only on the ”power piston” pump (the blue ring on the smaller piston in pic #1). A u-cup is not on the “speed piston” pump, nor on the main ram. Of note, the “speed piston” pump is not subject to the higher pressures the main ram and “power piston” pump are.

Back