Mothers Synwax FX, three month update

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised, this is the three month update on how my Mothers Synwax FX is holding up. I'd like to mention first off, our first snowfall here in Edmonton Alberta came October 28th, eighteen days after the wax was applied. The snowfall here hasn't let up much since than, and the paint has been through almost daily snow-brushings both at home and at work.

The vehicle has only been washed three times during the three month period. I am pleased with how the wax is repelling winter road grime, and anything that does adhere is very easily washed off. Water will still bead, but the shine has noticeably dulled. Both of the below comparison photo's where taken on an overcast day, and I apologise in advance for them being on opposite sides
spankme2.gif
. I plan on giving a final six month update, thanks for reading.

January 11 2014:

October 10 2013:

Can't complain about that can you? P.S. I like the looks of your truck A LOT. Flaming red but all business. Its a really good look.

Originally Posted By: qwertydude
Have you used other waxes to compare this Synwax to?

Yes, the truck had a sealer wax applied by the dealership. The product was Platinum Shield and is made by First Canadian Protection Products. The product had a lustrous shine, beaded water and repelled road grime for all of one month. It was less than mediocre. Soon after that I applied a coat of Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax, although it lasted much longer it stained trim badly and didn't have the same shine quality. I don't have a photo of the Carnauba wax but I do have one of the Platinum Shield product.

Dealership protection packages are a rip off and I knew that going in. I wanted the truck undercoated immediately upon delivery, that way it gets sprayed while the underside is at it's cleanest. Unfortunately undercoating is only sold with the B.S protection package at the stealership and I had to pay for it. At least the quality of work on everything was excellent.

Platinum shield dealership sealer wax:

The package that comes with it
lol.gif
:

I like SynWax having used it several years. I bought Mothers Synthetic Wax which is supposed to be a step above due to superior cleaning. I used it once before winter and not sure about its superiority.
Love the truck!

Mothers SynWax is more like a cleaner sealant as opposed to a cleaner carnuaba wax.

I grew up on Mothers' wax. Mothers cleaner wax was the first wax I bought and I still have it (15yrs later).

The problem was it never shined. It never gave a deep glossy finish.

A few years ago, it seemed to me it was more or less like a claybar so I started using it as a 1st step product.

Did you change out your center caps???

Originally Posted By: CurtisB

Nice looking truck,
thumbsup2.gif
I'd be looking for a parking spot so far off the beaten path that no one would park anywhere near it.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back