Most reliable vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1984 s-15 Gmc jimmy has been good.Drove it 10 years with intake maniford gasket leaking[costly mistake] engine rebuild. One tranny rebuild.Power steering pump replaced,fuel pump replaced.Original alternator front brake rotors were replaced when vehicle was21yrs old.Parts are cheap compared to new cars. 16 to18 miles to imperial gallon city 30 miles to imperial gallon highway.It has never let me down yet.

You are right, of course. My bad for dissing your Mustang. Lots of vehicles have ignition problems, of course. Any vehicle is also subject to random failures. Out of each hundred vehicles sold, at least a couple will return on a hook for warranty repair. I took your post to indicate that you were questioning the reliability of Ford products. My misunderstanding.

Reliability is dependent on the owner because any vehicle requires maintenance.
Neglect the maintenance and the vehicle will fall apart. It's the owner's responsibility.
I drive a '78 Ford Fairmont with a straight six, and I know that I can go out tonight, it's -13C right now, and without having it plugged in, it will crank and fire right up.
But if the previous owners (and I) hadn't maintained it, it would be gone to the scrapyard long ago.
crushedcar.gif

Boy, there are some real weird writings in this post. I guess I'll add another. Opinions are like bass holes--everybody's got one.

I wonder how many flamers out there have put 200,000 miles on a car? Any car.

I've been driving a long time, and I've never done it. So for all you 200k mile club wannabees, I respectfully ask you to tone things down.

I know of 4 cars I see every day in my office parking lot with big miles. A Volvo 240, a Honda Accord, a Chevy S-10, and my Chevy Celebrity. The Honda has the highest miles at 400k plus, the Volvo at 240K, and my Celebrity comes in third at 188k miles.

They all look like #@$%! except the Volvo. It's still got good paint. All the others look like demo derby candidates. Still, they're there every day.

deadhorse.gif

98 f150 4.6 2wd.

Keep the thing tuned up and maintained, it will run forever.

I run motorcraft 5w20, motorcraft replacement parts, and clean fluid.

I will drive the truck anywhere and never worry.

The only thing i can complain about is gas mileage, and i'll take reliablility over that any day.

I've seen the odo turn 200K on two '86 Civic Wagons, and one 240D. I right now have fairly young stuff, with my '97 Aero the leader at a little over 120K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back