Most Reliable Camry Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: rjundi
And a tin box unfortunately in comparison

The sheet metal thinness is identical and the inner structure is just as good, both are very well put together under the skin.
More sound deadening material is used in the Camry as well as tar like pads inside the doors and quarters to give a more "solid feel" and make it a little quieter.

A Corolla in the higher trim levels like the XRS also use more of these materials as well as the 2.4 engine (XRS).

I am referring to the ride, I have no idea why it is so difficult for a smaller car to achieve the ride of a larger vehicle in terms of weight, length and width etc. Small cars feel like tin boxes.

Also the seat comfort seems to be like buying a really cheap bed mattress(most smaller cars) instead of mid-sized which gets maybe a slightly better to luxury mattress.

The 2.4 in Corolla got embarrassingly terrible MPG. Even the v6 model bested it and you still are driving a small car.

ended up getting an '06 corolla with m/t. hope i made a good decision....just need to learn to drive a stick...

if you see some guy jerking the car around and stalling everywhere, it's probably me.
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrandonVA
ended up getting an '06 corolla with m/t. hope i made a good decision....just need to learn to drive a stick...

if you see some guy jerking the car around and stalling everywhere, it's probably me.
whistle.gif

Good choice. It'll be a much better car than the Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back