MOS2

Hey all.

I talked to Liquimoly and they advised for my LS1

To run 5w40 High Tech syn, with mos2 additive every oil change pre-storage.

Question, I change my oil pre-Storage usually in fall I’ll do oil change drive 20km round trip to get gas then park it for season. Will the mos2 be ok in the oil over storage with just a short heat cycle in fall or will it separate or anything weird?

Hey all.

I talked to Liquimoly and they advised for my LS1

To run 5w40 High Tech syn, with mos2 additive every oil change pre-storage.

Question, I change my oil pre-Storage usually in fall I’ll do oil change drive 20km round trip to get gas then park it for season. Will the mos2 be ok in the oil over storage with just a short heat cycle in fall or will it separate or anything weird?
No, the only way this Additive can be used is if you are driving the car every day! If your car sits something weird will happen, other members will say the same thing.

A few previous threads that hit on this particular topic of settling. There are more:

I have used it in cars that were stored - - - no big deal - - - - it just gets back into circulation once you start driving it again.
It's a slug of moly, mos2 - - - - - still a great friction modifier - - especially for timing chains
Some funny stories online- - but I think those cars had other issues.

I'm surprised that customer service didn't have you advise @TiGeo on your oil selection. If the settling really worries anyone with Mos2, you could use Archoil9100 which is gonna hold in suspension way better and longer. Probably run cleaner too.

I'm surprised that customer service didn't have you advise @TiGeo on your oil selection. If the settling really worries anyone with Mos2, you could use Archoil9100 which is gonna hold in suspension way better and longer. Probably run cleaner too.
They called. I told them I needed more sponsorship $$$ to continue to shill for them.

Doing this this season. Then omitting the motor oil saver next year and will use it semi annual as per liquimoly suggestion and use the mos2 at the start of every season
IMG_2131.jpeg

Use a good oil, and leave the MoS2 out. Or if you are really hooked on Moly search Lubegard Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant and read up on it.

Back