MoS2 works !!

I've always wondered about that too. Every uoa I've seen of Liqui Moly oil has no moly.
The Molygen does - not a lot, but it's there with tungsten (like the Ravenol product). They include MoS2 in one of their older/classic products.

OilReports.aspx-page-001.jpg

Last edited:
Back in the mid-'90s, we used Slick 50 in the bike shop for use on uppers/stanchions of suspension forks. Had 2 PVC tubes we filled it with and the let the uppers soak over night - it was part of our "premium" shock service...HAHAHAHAAHAH

Is this lifelong M-B mechanic full of manure? Curious what you guys think of his experience

Clearly has been suckered by LM's marketing ploy and clearly all that MoS2 is in the crankcase settled out never to be re-suspended again...hahahah

Pure players of LM, never interested in finding anything serious and substantial, never-tiring in their pure consumption, emission and logo.

Clearly has been suckered by LM's marketing ploy and clearly all that MoS2 is in the crankcase settled out never to be re-suspended again...hahahah
When have you seen moly accumulating in the crankcase? LM oil is sold and used quite a bit. If there was moly accumulating people would know about it real fast and you would have a ton of vids showing it.

When have you seen moly accumulating in the crankcase? LM oil is sold and used quite a bit. If there was moly accumulating people would know about it real fast and you would have a ton of vids showing it.
You missed the sarcasm....I agree with you and was poking fun. There is a user here that some pics of it but this was in a car that sat for a long time then was started briefly before changing oil/dropping the pan. I contend that if the car was driven for a few days reaching normal operating temps/conditions that the solids in the pan would have re-suspended but we don't know b/c nobody has tested this out. LM will tell you it will re-suspend. I agree with you that if this was an issue you would have heard about by now. It always comes up in the discussions re Ceratec and MoS2.

I like Mos2 and besides turning the oil olive green or grease color it seems to work well..

Did you ever try to get MOS2 out of your clothes?? It ain't easy. I use a little of it in hopes of longevity of the timing chain.

Yikes is right. That reminds me of the mess @Trav found in the bottom of his oil pan right after starting the car to move it to where he was replacing his oil pan gasket. It was obvious in his case that starting and driving the car, granted a short distance still left quite a bit of it at the bottom of his oil pan. I'd recommend anyone who desires to boost moly use a moly that doesn't fall out of suspension, and is the same kind of moly oil companies use, Lubegard's Bio Tech Engine Protectant. Or leave the oil alone and use it as it comes out of the jug.

What do you say about the lifelong Mercedes mechanic's experience regarding using liqui moly 10w-40 MoS2 from the above video?
He's entitled to his opinion, just like anyone else, but that doesn't make it a fact. IIRC he sells the product as well, so he probably has an agenda.

He does sell it, but says in the same video that he hardly ever sells it because of shipping costs, but still it's his favorite. I understand there are a lot of smart people dismissing MoS2 here. But, there are many regular people's personal experiences with a positive results. Yes, people are gullible and we're known to believe in fairy tales, BUT then there are professional chemists who made Liqui Moly 10w-40 MoS2 oil, and then there are people like the above mentioned lifelong classic MB mechanic. I'm just trying not to throw the baby out with the bath water by dismissing cart-blanche the other side's (pro MoS2) experiences.
We share opinions and experiences here. There are a handful of people I consider experts @Trav is on that short list. His pictures spoke volumes about vehicles with MoS2 in the sump that aren't driven everyday. As far as it mixing into suspension, one would think an engine running for even a few seconds would mix whatever is in the oil up and get it into suspension. His pictures told a different story. One thing to keep in mind, professional chemists make snake oil too. I'm not saying LM makes snake oil, but just because "professional chemists" make something doesn't mean it's good. Having said that, if a person has confidence and believes in a product they should ignore posts like mine and use the product.

We share opinions and experiences here. There are a handful of people I consider experts @Trav is on that short list. His pictures spoke volumes about vehicles with MoS2 in the sump that aren't driven everyday. As far as it mixing into suspension, one would think an engine running for even a few seconds would mix whatever is in the oil up and get it into suspension. His pictures told a different story. One thing to keep in mind, professional chemists make snake oil too. I'm not saying LM makes snake oil, but just because "professional chemists" make something doesn't mean it's good. Having said that, if a person has confidence and believes in a product they should ignore posts like mine and use the product.
I still hold that the comments regarding settling (it 100% settles - even LM will tell you that and the pics that everyone points to are undeniable) and not re-suspending are not founded based on this limited data point where the vehicle wasn't driven normally for any amount of time and the oil never reached full operating temps. As much as folks here want concrete data and testing, this example is far from it. It sure would be interesting to test this though. Let the vehicle sit for a month, drop the pan and observe. Re-install pan, drive normally for a few days, then do it again. For me, I would have no issues using this product in a frequently driven vehicle. Like all additives, the jury is out on whether this is actually giving you any benefit over straight high-quality syn oil but it certainly isn't hurting anything and only costs $5. I will likely run it in my new-to-me W8 Passat.

I still hold that the comments regarding settling (it 100% settles - even LM will tell you that and the pics that everyone points to are undeniable) and not re-suspending are not founded based on this limited data point where the vehicle wasn't driven normally for any amount of time and the oil never reached full operating temps. As much as folks here want concrete data and testing, this example is far from it. It sure would be interesting to test this though. Let the vehicle sit for a month, drop the pan and observe. Re-install pan, drive normally for a few days, then do it again. For me, I would have no issues using this product in a frequently driven vehicle. Like all additives, the jury is out on whether this is actually giving you any benefit over straight high-quality syn oil but it certainly isn't hurting anything and only costs $5. I will likely run it in my new-to-me W8 Passat.

Like I said earlier: "Having said that, if a person has confidence and believes in a product they should ignore posts like mine and use the product." Go for it! I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm replying to people quoting me. Your research lead you to use the product, mine steered me away. It's all good!

Back