More Price Hikes Coming To A Store Near You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: urchin
I'm so surprised at all the members here that are willing to drink the kool aide offered by the corporate borg media that is claiming that inflation is occuring mostly because of the fed printing too many dollars...

Sure that is SOME of the reason, but not MOST of the reason.

The bulk of the increases is indeed because consumers are not buying that much today so the companies are raising prices to make up for it and also gaining a bit more profit in the end.

Shear, unadulterated GREED. It is that simple.

While true, I'm sure there are even more factors then this (kinda hard to believe when you think about it..

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Boys, it going to get much worse.

Bank on it.

How much worse? You mean like $50 for a 5 quart bottle?
confused2.gif

Yup,for Conventional.
eek.gif

Well, close....

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
shop price it is really hard to find bad oil anything sn is great stuff

Some on here feel the SN oil is not as good as the SM oil. One person mentioned watered down additives??

I'm so surprised at all the members here that are willing to drink the kool aide offered by the corporate borg media that is claiming that inflation is occuring mostly because of the fed printing too many dollars...

Sure that is SOME of the reason, but not MOST of the reason.

The bulk of the increases is indeed because consumers are not buying that much today so the companies are raising prices to make up for it and also gaining a bit more profit in the end.

Shear, unadulterated GREED. It is that simple.

That doesn't even make sense. The law of economics dictates that if something isn't selling, the price must come down if you want to sell more. Raising the price will only serve to lower sales even further...

Originally Posted By: grampi

That doesn't even make sense. The law of economics dictates that if something isn't selling, the price must come down if you want to sell more. Raising the price will only serve to lower sales even further...

Welcome to The New World Order.

We are still in a very severe recession, economic growth is around 1% or less, and the real unenployment number is close to 20%.

I can promise you that these companies are making up the difference on those of us that still have the ability to buy at inflated prices so they can make a windfall to boot.

IMO...Price increases are a fact of life. We've been blessed with low prices on Gasoline, Motor Oils and Petroleum products in the past.

IMO....I also see major price hikes coming soon enough. Too bad that the Next Generation and recycled motor oil options did not take place sooner.

IMO...Recycled oil may be the only alternative to lower prices in the Future.

Recycled oil is not cheaper now so I dont think it will drop.Why would it ?? The oil companies are getting people used to the price being equal to dino and I think it will stay that way.

Originally Posted By: grampi

Welcome to The New World Order.

We are still in a very severe recession, economic growth is around 1% or less, and the real unenployment number is close to 20%.

I can promise you that these companies are making up the difference on those of us that still have the ability to buy at inflated prices so they can make a windfall to boot.

Simple economics tells you you can't make as much money selling fewer products at higher prices than you can selling more products at lower prices. Wal-Mart is the perfect example of this economic model...

This oil business is getting buggy. Synthetics can just be Called synthetic, and co's come out with something new, with names like Titanium, and Platinum. I want oil good oil that will lube and not sludge. After break in of an new 07' Subaru, I went from conventional so Quaker State Q (called) Synthetic, because it was on sale, for 1.50/. Didn't have a turbo, so figured an oil Called a synthetic would be better than conventional. Subaru's seem to be more prone to piston slap, maybe because of the flat/horizontal motor, so would like to avoid that, and would like to avoid sludge, having had 2 cars that had or seemed to have a problem with it.

One that I picked up with 100K on it, the oil pump pickup screen got plugged, and it lost oil pressure, and once I realized, I drilled a hole in the side of the cup/screen, and back flushed it till the flush flowed out freely, that I did through the pan drain hole. The other with over 100K was getting 30mi/qt when having to drive at hwy speeds, where the oil light would come on after driving to work and back. Got the oil consumption up to 550mi by pouring a little CC flush down the carb, pulling the coil wire, and cranking it to suck the flush into the cylinders, and letting it sit overnite. Had to do it few times till it maxed out at 550mi. Figured the rings were sludeged up. Gradually it would drop off, so I would treat it again. It stopped when the label on the flush I was getting from Sears changed. Thought the problem just got worse, but thinking a label change usually means something different, like a new mfg or formula.

I like to shop by price, for something I want or like. Tried Mobil 1 when I got a good deal. Well it was the best deal at the time. Now I am thinking of still buying by price, even if it means using a different oil at each change. At least that may prevent being stuck with one brand that may not be great, or for the motor. One car I had that was using oil, stopped when I switched brands..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back