More new nuclear - Sizewell C is a go!

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Another pair of EPR's from EDF:

has just been confirmed by the UK government:

This will add ~3,200MW of new nuclear generation (on top of the 3,200MW of Hinkley Point C) to the UK grid, which is in dire need of new nuclear since they started retiring their graphite moderated units, which have all reached end of life.

This is perfect timing, given France's plans for up to 16 new EPR2's domestically, it means that the supply chain will be well optimized and expertise well gained to execute these projects more efficiently than we've seen with Hinkley Point C and Flamanville.

1668820005265.jpg

I can't help but think this is because Europe as whole is now seeing their reliance on Russian NatGas and the current events in Eastern Europe is not a good combination. The anti-nuke sentiment from the past couple decades have left them vulnerable.
A project like this is a decade in the making, at least. Long before Russian gas was a concern.

Reactions: Pew
I can't help but think this is because Europe as whole is now seeing their reliance on Russian NatGas and the current events in Eastern Europe is not a good combination. The anti-nuke sentiment from the past couple decades have left them vulnerable.
Eu is a Circus run by clowns. And more countys will leave... sooner or later.

Reactions: Pew
Your posts give me hope that the world will wake up to the huge benefits of Nuclear = independent clean earth friendly energy... as far as the USA ... voters snoozing at the wheel.

Back