More junk in the bottom of PP jugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I began monitoring BITOG about 5 years ago and PP was all the rage

...that was because Pennzoil was paying for ads on this site.

I think we are seeing oil consuming bacteria outbreak at the bottlers. It very well could be excretions of oil consuming bacteria, or maybe one of the additives is too organic and got contaminated with oil eating microbes?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by PontiacHO
I began monitoring BITOG about 5 years ago and PP was all the rage so I tried it for several oil changes. In all (4) 5 gallon containers that I purchased there was the sediment that the OP has shown here. Went back to my beloved Valvoline and never has there been anything but clean oil as it has been in the 40+ years I've used this oil. Many satisfy their loyalties to Penz/Shell by saying it's the additive package separating due to shelf life. Ok but what's that additive package doing at operating temps in extreme conditions such as towing and idling in 90+ heat? Don't trust the product if it separated shortly after being blended and bottled. My 2 cents....

Biggest load of horse dung I ever read here. Never saw any 5 gallon containers of pennzoil either. Where in gods name do you "people" come from? Outer space, or the streets?!

It's not crap either. I've never seen additive fallout in Valvoline but, I've seen it in every container of Pennzoil that I've used. And they weren't very old either. It may not be an issue but, it is unsettling. And I'm sure that he meant to say 5 quart containers.

Yes. I meant 5 quart containers...however there certainly are 5 gallon buckets of Valvoline sold (NAPA) as is most automotive fluids.

Who cares? Nobody has ever had an engine failure from it, so does it even matter? Besides, ANYTHING that is big enough to see with the naked eye, let alone at 12" away from a crappy phone camera, will instantly be caught by the oil filter anyways. Then, as the engine is running and gets hot, this stuff will go back into suspension and you'll never even be able to tell.

Are some of you Chicken Littles sure you don't work for CNN/MSNBC?

Who cares? Nobody has ever had an engine failure from it, so does it even matter? Besides, ANYTHING that is big enough to see with the naked eye, let alone at 12" away from a crappy phone camera, will instantly be caught by the oil filter anyways. Then, as the engine is running and gets hot, this stuff will go back into suspension and you'll never even be able to tell.

You blew my cover. Obviously you care with your Billy [censored] response. Your sitting on the couch reading this [censored] so let's see how tough you are! By the way I am from outer space. I'm watching you....

Get some Valvoline Advanced ... clean as a whistle at the bottom of the jugs.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Get some Valvoline Advances ... clean as a whistle at the bottom of the jugs.
grin2.gif

Your on my team friend!

grin2.gif

Your on my team friend!

It smells good too!
grin.gif
Both my vehicles like Valvoline Advanced 5W-30.

grin2.gif

Your on my team friend!

It smells good too!
grin.gif

Here's a big secret... I'm using Valvoline in my spaceship. Edit: Use Valvoline VR1 10w40 in a 67 396 too. It runs like a striped arse ape.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

Yeah, more re-incarnated members coming back.again and again I see. I remember a poster from South Carolina that had something like this in new Valvoline Synpower. Titled "sludge in new oil"

So PontiacHO: Go.find that and have a long read on it then come back and talk warm.and fuzzy on your "beloved Valvoline"

Yes. I meant 5 quart containers...however there certainly are 5 gallon buckets of Valvoline sold (NAPA) as is most automotive fluids.

Since you think Valvoline is the "only oil" that doesnt habe additive fallout; tell me what this is.

Its easy: Valvoline Synpower 10w30.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Feom member here at BITOG so it DOES happen!!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
I began monitoring BITOG about 5 years ago and PP was all the rage

...that was because Pennzoil was paying for ads on this site.

If you occasionally disable your adblocker and support this site for one minute, you will find that Pennzoil still has an ad on this website.
I disable my adblocker and click on the ad numerous times per week.

So folks, moral of this post is do NOT believe what others on internet say
wink.gif

Back.to regularly scheduled education here at BITOG

Or better yet, I need to go dump all of my beloved Valvoline in the storm drain and eat [censored] and howl at the moon. I'm so upset I may have to have another beer, turn up up the Merle Haggard music, and cry.

Let's face it, it seems to be yellow bottled products that are the main culprit here. Too many other good options out there to even bother with these products.

That was one incident and it wasn't even remotely similar to what is seen in Pennzoil. If you read through the original post you will see that Valvoline, after viewing the pictures, sent the guy a sampling kit so that they could test the oil. Valvoline also offered to refund the price of the oil. Not an apples to apples comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back