More junk in the bottom of PP jugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never shaken a quart of oil and I don't plan on doing it. Yeah, some additives may fall out after time, but I'm sure that there's more than enough still in suspension to last longer than any normal OCI. My vehicles have yet to complain about how their oil tastes or feels. I think some are overthinking this situation.

Originally Posted by PontiacHO
You are right. I'm just stirring the pot!!

53' Stude already figured that out several posts back.

I know! Everyone is loyal to something. We should all be that passionate about what we believe in. Wouldn't this country be stronger if everyone was like 53'Stude? I respect that.

Originally Posted by PontiacHO
I know! Everyone is loyal to something. We should all be that passionate about what we believe in. Wouldn't this country be stronger if everyone was like 53'Stude? I respect that.

Well said and spoken for fact and truth
34.gif
08.gif
10.gif

I have used Valvoline Synpower before without issue as well as EDGE 5W20 too

Originally Posted by Eddie
The reason I don't allow bulk oil in my engines. A 250 gallon barrel may sit in a dealer service area for a year or more which = additives on the bottom and little in your engine. Years ago General motors suggested to their dealers to not use bulk tanks that exceeded one year of normal volume usage. Ed

Virtually all dealerships turn over their bulk inventory at least a few times a year. Some as often as every couple of weeks.
The only one I sold to that didn't was a Pontiac dealer in a small town, who ran the dealership out of his house. He generally had three or four new cars. The front of the house had a small showroom and two service bays attached. The door you'd think would lead to an office or parts room went to his kitchen. He still managed to fill his 275 gallon tank at least once a year.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Probably the 3rd time or so I've seen a review of PP complaining of crap in the bottom of the jug. Not trying to bash PP here as I actually have it in both vehicles right now but what the heck...
[Linked Image]

Hello jayjr1105, we appreciate your concern. Product quality and your satisfaction are both very important to us. What you are seeing is something that can happen naturally - a small amount of additive will sometimes settle during storage. While it happens very rarely, it is not harmful to engines and does not impact the performance of the motor oil in the bottle. Please call our Technical Information Center, 1-800-237-8645, if you have further questions.

Thank you!
Gena

Originally Posted by GenaFishbeck
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Probably the 3rd time or so I've seen a review of PP complaining of crap in the bottom of the jug. Not trying to bash PP here as I actually have it in both vehicles right now but what the heck...
[Linked Image]

Hello jayjr1105, we appreciate your concern. Product quality and your satisfaction are both very important to us. What you are seeing is something that can happen naturally - a small amount of additive will sometimes settle during storage. While it happens very rarely, it is not harmful to engines and does not impact the performance of the motor oil in the bottle. Please call our Technical Information Center, 1-800-237-8645, if you have further questions.

Thank you!
Gena

Hi Gena - which additives are falling out?

So oil can fall out of suspension, you know the same oil that comes from the factory because the oil companies already know what's best, yet when there was a post about a oil additive falling out of suspension.....nothing but bashing and this why you don't use additives etc etc. But this happens to the actual oil and main reaction is nothing to see here. Lol. So I guess this would magically mix itself back together if this was In a car that sat, say a classic car, but if this happens with a additive....it certainly wouldn't, and bash that additive.

I don't care, but it's un-acceptable in both scenarios, but you can't convince me that whatever fell out of suspension of this oil would not be better suited in said oil, does not matter who says it. If that were my jug I would send that for a test to find out exactly what comes back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back