More junk in the bottom of PP jugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 77GrandPrix
That was one incident and it wasn't even remotely similar to what is seen in Pennzoil. If you read through the original post you will see that Valvoline, after viewing the pictures, sent the guy a sampling kit so that they could test the oil. Valvoline also offered to refund the price of the oil. Not an apples to apples comparison

OMG, glad someone else read that post. Shows I'm not a liar and not making stuff up.

So, are you saying SOPUS/PENNZOIL should do the same??? And for your info: that is a fair comparison also in my opinion as how else do you explain whays seen in Pennzoil jugs? I'll wait for a actual, educated reply

Last edited:
I had been using PP in my Kia Soul until the last change when I put in QS. 2500 miles later the Kia is down a half quart!! Never used any oil with PP, undoubtedly because the sludge kept the rings well sealed! Back to PP next time!
lol.gif

Something I've noticed about everyone I know who drive crazy high mileage cars (200,000+ miles) all use Pennzoil.

Years ago I bought a 5 quart jug of Valvoline dino 10W40 for my 300ZX. There was what looked like gravel on the bottom of the jug. Somewhere on here is my post with pics. I remember I immediately drained it and replaced it with Mobil 1 15W50 (which was my go-to oil back then).

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Something I've noticed about everyone I know who drive crazy high mileage cars (200,000+ miles) all use Pennzoil.

Years ago I bought a 5 quart jug of Valvoline dino 10W40 for my 300ZX. There was what looked like gravel on the bottom of the jug. Somewhere on here is my post with pics. I remember I immediately drained it and replaced it with Mobil 1 15W50 (which was my go-to oil back then).

Not bashing Pennzoil. I've used Pennzoil and think it's a great product. The additive fallout is real but, obviously it's not an issue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 77GrandPrix
Not bashing Pennzoil. I've used Pennzoil and think it's a great product. The additive fallout is real but, obviously it's not an issue.

Shake bottle, pour 1/2. Shake again - mixing fallout is more effective when bottle is half full.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I shake it and pour it in. I've seen it from time to time in every brand of oil I've used over the years.
Yep, yep. I've seen it up close and it's been posted here before multiple times. I shake the jug several times during pour process, a bit more as I get closer to bottom of jug. Wouldn't keep me from using PP, nor has it. I guess if one is bothered by it, use another oil. As mentioned, more PP for others to buy.
55.gif

My 2010 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2.4L has 198k on it using Pennzoil Platinum approximately 90-95% of its oil changes. Except for the last three changes which were two using Harvest King synthetic, which I stopped because of higher burn off. And most recently, Valvoline H.M. Maxlife synthetic oil. I seriously doubt any of this add pack fallout or whatever is harmful in any way. Still using Platinum 5w30 in my 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted by AnthemBassMan
My 2010 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2.4L has 198k on it using Pennzoil Platinum approximately 90-95% of its oil changes. Except for the last three changes which were two using Harvest King synthetic, which I stopped because of higher burn off. And most recently, Valvoline H.M. Maxlife synthetic oil. I seriously doubt any of this add pack fallout or whatever is harmful in any way. Still using Platinum 5w30 in my 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0.

L8R,
Matt

Good to hear Matt
10.gif

Get a yard sale blender, just shaking isn't going to do [censored] to fix that fallout back in. put the oil in a blender and run it on high, that should do it.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Get a yard sale blender, just shaking isn't going to do [censored] to fix that fallout back in. put the oil in a blender and run it on high, that should do it.

Should I use Chopped, Pulse or the Puree Setting? Then afterwards, can I mix my Pineapple Smoothie without rinsing the glass carafe out?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Should I use Chopped, Pulse or the Puree Setting. Then can I mix my Pineapple Smoothie without rinsing the glass carafe out?

It may require one of those sweet industrial grade Kitchen Aid stand alone mixers
laugh.gif

The reason I don't allow bulk oil in my engines. A 250 gallon barrel may sit in a dealer service area for a year or more which = additives on the bottom and little in your engine. Years ago General motors suggested to their dealers to not use bulk tanks that exceeded one year of normal volume usage. Ed

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Should I use Chopped, Pulse or the Puree Setting. Then can I mix my Pineapple Smoothie without rinsing the glass carafe out?

It may require one of those sweet industrial grade Kitchen Aid stand alone mixers
laugh.gif

But I heard that all blenders have the same performance certifications.....lol.... that all my BCIs (blender change intervals) are the same, regardless of price.

Last edited:
What if...you had a vehicle that was parked for an extended period, say 4 months. Wouldn't a blender be needed in your oil sump for your PP additive separation that's happening in the bottles also?

Originally Posted by PontiacHO
What if...you had a vehicle that was parked for an extended period, say 4 months. Wouldn't a blender be needed in your oil sump for your PP additive separation that's happening in the bottles also?

Just tow the vehicle to S.E. Michigan, where the bumpiest roads in the USA exist.

Originally Posted by PontiacHO

I think we've just become millionaires! Let's patent it!!
laugh.gif

It will be called The PP Additive Fallout Blending Pump. Sold by Ronco. And if you act today we will throw in the Exclusive Ronco Whopper Chopper. Act Now to receive your gift card for a free meal at The Sediment Fallout Cafe in downtown Houston. Nestled in the thriving oil blending capital of the world.

Last edited:
It will not go back into solution regardless of the amount of mechanical agitation. That's why it's sitting there on the bottom of the container. It's already been posted here that you need heat, so as long as you can get it back into the sump when the engine warms up it will re-dissolve. This is the same answer for when the oil may sit in the oil pan for an extended period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back