Mopar Filter= purolator

Status
Not open for further replies.
smile.gif
Hi everyone, I bought 2 mopar filters from a friend of mine, for my jeep rubi 4.0. After looking closely a few oil filter pics from BIG DAVE
cheers.gif
,it a lot like the reg purolator. I didn;t cut it open i just looked down with a mini flashlight. The design of holes and thread is identical and also the black glue at the bottom and patterns on the inside tube with the small holes. BTW list price is $6.70
shocked.gif
i paid $4.80.
patriot.gif

OK, one more time: Mopar oil filters are bought in batches from the lowest bidder- sometimes it's Fram.
shocked.gif
You got lucky, & yours are made by Purolator. Plus you got a discount off the normal dealer price. Congratulations.
cheers.gif

And now for the bad news: you could have bought a Purolator Premium Plus for less, & had the same filter with a different paint job.
wink.gif

Yea i know but, i had to return a clamp i had bought from my buddy so i figured might as well change for oil filter for my first oil change.
For that price i can almost get a pureone filter
about 5-6 buck at AA. Thanks for the reply

Or you could get a Wix for about 5 bucks, the one I bought for our dodge van appears to be a very well made filter for the money.

You read my mine, I have a new in the box wix air filter for a ford 7.3 psd. I bought it at napa a while back and i'm going to swap it for a few filters for the rubi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back