Moon Landing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mythbusters did a show along these lines where they enlisted the help of an observatory. The observatory aimed a laser light at an area of the moon where the astraunauts left a reflector. The observatory detected the reflected beam.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Umm, we now have confirmed photos of the landings! Including footprints. Sorry, but it was no conspiracy. It was the "real deal".

Photoshopped.
smirk.gif
grin2.gif

Yes, Yes, everything is a conspiracy!..
grin.gif

I believe the landings were real, but enhanced pictures were used - fake ones.
Why? Who knows. Publicity and public opinion is HUGE for NASA, and maybe they simply wanted nicer staged pictures.

But maybe there IS a cover up.

Originally Posted By: Keith_Stone
Almost 400k people were involved in all the Apollo missions. Too many people to be faked.

Exactly even questioning the lunar landing is..well I won't say any more.

...landed on the moon 1969-1972 with less computing power and technology than an 1990's Sharp Scientific Calculator.....spent billions upon billions for earth orbit studies, Mars lander...but never went back to the moon...

..but yet some how can't track falling satellites in earths low orbit less than 200 miles 2011.

What better ruse...to find an association to sink more money than all of us combined could imagine, undeclared, unaccounted for and unquestionable for as long as needed...and have the public pay for it. Its brilliant, completely brilliant.

Originally Posted By: Al
Almost 400k people were involved in all the Apollo missions. Too many people to be faked.

Exactly even questioning the lunar landing is..well I won't say any more.

Yes, of course. It would take 400k people to omit the final parts of the procedure and send some false radio signals.

I don't have any strong beliefs about the moon landing, and I have little doubt that Apollo missions resulted in people walking on the moon. But I've seen nothing in the tenth-hand information/misinformation to which I've been exposed to convince me either way and there's enough that seems strange about Kubrick and the images to question whether we've been deceived in any way about at least the first one. It's not that ridiculous to think that they just weren't quite ready to be confident of the astronaut's safety and risk a PR disaster, and they know that most of the general population is unwilling to believe that government would be capable of providing convincing deception or would even want to deceive them.

Quote:

...landed on the moon 1969-1972 with less computing power and technology than an 1990's Sharp Scientific Calculator.....spent billions upon billions for earth orbit studies, Mars lander...but never went back to the moon...

..but yet some how can't track falling satellites in earths low orbit less than 200 miles 2011.

Moon landing was a chapter in winning the Cold War. In the 1960s, countering the Soviet influence painted many parts of American life.

It was a geopolitcal move, not a science endeavour.

Last edited:
"It was a geopolitcal move, not a science endeavour."

I couldn't have said it better myself

BTW...I love that Seinfeld episode. Good old bubble boy...

It would only take a few people to fake the landing. The astronauts for one, than a handful of movie people. I know some people that made rocket injector nozzles for the moon lander. Just because they made those nozzles doesn't mean the US landed on the moon.

I do not know if the US landed on the moon. I didn't.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

It would only take a few people to fake the landing. The astronauts for one, than a handful of movie people. I know some people that made rocket injector nozzles for the moon lander. Just because they made those nozzles doesn't mean the US landed on the moon.

Wow..and then you have the many countries tracking everything and tracking the capsule as it landed live. Do you read scientific literature at all??

Just let me toss you a bone. Do you think that the same Government that manages to fool billions of people has enough organization to carry this out...when they can not effectively manage any of their hundreds of departments and agencies?

I would really like to know who in the Government planned and knew about this grand Fake. What would the organization look like? Including the hundreds who would have interfaced with the Non Government corporations who were involved every step of the way. Is the cover-up still occurring? Does OBama know about it?? Did Johnson Know about it? Did Norad know about it since they do all the tracking?

Originally Posted By: Loobed

Wow..and then you have the many countries tracking everything and tracking the capsule as it landed live. Do you read scientific literature at all??

Just let me toss you a bone. Do you think that the same Government that manages to fool billions of people has enough organization to carry this out...when they can not effectively manage any of their hundreds of departments and agencies?

I would really like to know who in the Government planned and knew about this grand Fake. What would the organization look like? Including the hundreds who would have interfaced with the Non Government corporations who were involved every step of the way. Is the cover-up still occurring? Does OBama know about it?? Did Johnson Know about it? Did Norad know about it since they do all the tracking?

In short... Yes, to everything you have listed. The organization looks the same as we see it today.

Seriously, why do you think so much information is "classified" and "Need to know"? Why not total transparency, Why only the partial reveal? One branch of the government doing something totally unawares to another branch's doings... happens daily.

You can pick a myriad of topics that are not even in the news today, not-so-public bills being passed over night, covert operations, back-door deals, arms trades, secret alliances, federal reserve governance. There is more that we the public doesn't know about what government does, than what we do know. If one doesn't have a glimpse of this, then they have been seeing only what they want to see.

Last edited:

Many countries tracking? Tracking what? The only country that could track the moon landing was the Soviet Union. To go into the reason why the Soviets would not blow the scam would cause this thread to become political, which isn't allowed. If you want to believe everything the government tells you then believe it. You asked if I read scientific literature: Do you?

Why do need others to believe the same thing you do? You didn't go to the moon. Narcissists believe others should think and act like them. If you become so emotional over whether I believe the US went to the moon, you need to take a look at yourself in a mirror. BTW, when someone uses the phrase "conspiracy theory" or "tin foil hat" they have run out of anything useful to support their views.

some people will believe anything.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/War_of_the_Worlds_radio_broadcast

As I said. I don't know. I do not have the ability to go myself, and I don't have the math and science knowledge to figure out how to go.

Last edited:
Good grief.

For you kids out there, USB originally stood for Unified S Band communications system, and it was the comm system in use to accomodate the moon shots. Some hams did actually build dishes out of plywood and wire mesh and coffee cans and track moon shots out to the noise floor limits of a 417A/5842 vacuum tube which was about the lowest noise device ordinary people had available. I recall at least one guy writing an article about the equipment he used to receive the command module in lunar orbit. IIRC, received telemtry was supposed to be submitted to NASA.

NASA still usually turns on a UHF beacon or two on the Mars transits for hams that want to test their homemade DSP / below noise floor receiving systems for the people that doubt we've flown anything to Mars.

It's sad and pathetic that so many people want to doubt some of the greatest achievements of modern ingenuity and industry.

The pictures [at least some] were faked.
That does not make people "nut jobs" to acknowledge this.
Anything further is speculation, of course.

My father worked on the landing gear design.
That does not mean it was implemented and used.

No I know this was not fake as my great grandfather worked on NAS Pensacola for the space program. He developed the rings to hold the buoys on the space capsules and I even have a mask that was developed, for the moon mission, at my parents house. I'm being serious and can post pics if you'd like
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Rtstrider
No I know this was not fake as my great grandfather worked on NAS Pensacola for the space program. He developed the rings to hold the buoys on the space capsules and I even have a mask that was developed, for the moon mission, at my parents house. I'm being serious and can post pics if you'd like
wink.gif

Wait he has to say this stuff otherwise "They" will bump him off.

They are threatening the 100's of thousands involved with the program with death if they talk. Not one is talking.

Al hate to break it to you but my grandfather passed away a few years ago (and not for being bumped off as he was 97 years old). And if there was anything fishy going on he would have said something to us. But also many flaws in your logic....I would like you to explain the rhesus (I believe that's how it's spelled) monkey experimentation's as well as the various space capsule rings that were used that he made? I had seen leftovers myself as they were very stringent about what was allowed to make it on to the line for the capsules. So Al I have proof do you?

Originally Posted By: Rtstrider
Al hate to break it to you but my grandfather passed away a few years ago (and not for being bumped off as he was 97 years old). And if there was anything fishy going on he would have said something to us. But also many flaws in your logic...

You have misconstrued my post. I was being sarcastic to those who believe the mission was a fake. Of course we went to the moon. Sorry about your grandfather and I'm sure he contributed to the mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back