Moon Landing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al my apologies, lets all carry on....Beer 30 yet?
wink.gif

Yep, for sure.

Not only that, them boys on the Grassy Knoll were dead within three hours, buried in the [censored] desert, unmarked graves out past Terlingua.

Now, excuse me while I adjust my tinfoil hat.

Originally Posted By: Rtstrider
Al my apologies, lets all carry on....Beer 30 yet?
wink.gif

Hahah..no problem I probably pi&&^^%^%ed you off another time so now we are even.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
I believe the landings were real, but enhanced pictures were used - fake ones.

The pictures [at least some] were faked.

Any links to some examples of these pics? As a photographer I'd find them interesting.

Didn't Buzz Aldrin give some nut job a souveneir (sp?) knuckle sandwich for suggesting to him the moon landings were faked?

And I found the article on the homemade dish for Apollo reception. It wasn't a coffee can for the feedhorn; my memory was bad after so many years - it was a combination of an empty Quaker State Oil Can (the obligatory BITOG reference) and an empty 50 lb can of "Gold Crisp" shortening. See QST magazine, August 1972, page 19.

I don't have anything[info and pics]saved.
But am sure the net and books will reveal to you the anomalies and discrepancies of the official photos [some of them].
One glaring fault was the multiple light sources.

One glaring fault was the multiple light sources.

Was well addressed in the Mythbusters episode.

The only thing I have seen that made me take pause was a picture where crosses, supposedly etched onto the lens, seemed to be covered by the picture. Still pretty weak evidence as lighting/film variations might account for that.

Dont forget that many of the magazines of the time, like Life and others also made composite photos from the originals. During the cut and paste process of the day it was often common to overlay an image of one photo over another, often causing the situation that is often cited as "doctored" photos. Well, yes they were doctored, but not by NASA and not for any intent to decieve...just simply to make a "better" picture for publishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back