2nd Starship launch planned for Saturday, Nov 18

The Spacex Starship is planned for its 2nd launch on Saturday. The window for the launch starts at 8:00 AM ET. If successful, they stay on schedule for a launch to the moon. If not, the whole moon and Mars program gets delayed.

31202E85-7BD6-4293-859C-0FEB06160617.jpeg

Last edited:
Elon has a way of making things sound successful even if they weren't. The rocket launched successfully but didn’t complete its orbit. It separated successfully, then self destructed. Dang.

In summary, it made it a few minutes further than last time, but both Starship (2nd Stage) and Super Heavy Booster (1st Stage) exploded in separate incidents.

Last edited:
I saw a timeline/sequenceof events for a 'perfect' test launch. It even conceded that there was, essentially, a zero percent chance of that happening.

The changes to the launch platform seem to drastically cut the damage to both the rocket and pad. As a result, all 33 engines looked to perform without issues. It made it through max Q. Separation occurred, then both the booster and starship were destroyed by the flight termination system (which failed on the first lauch). Successful termination will keep the FAA happy.

Impressive launch, that's for sure. Spaceflight is hard, and we all know, even a minor flaw can create a complete disaster. However, there is something missing here. I don't know if it is the private aspect of the launch and cost saving measures, an unusual design, or what. I am sure we will learn more as time goes on.

Remember, SLS was successful on it's first launch, using a tried and true methodology.

I think space exploration is taking the wrong path by outsourcing. Too much control by any one company or person will not be beneficial to space exploration.

Especially so with Elon running show now. He seems to be losing it more and more,

What?

He's not the only game in town. Strange comment.
Rocket Lab just the other day announced that they are establishing a massive manufacturing facility here in Middle River Maryland. It is using the same basic facility that was used to produce the lunar lander and other components. The 113,000 sq ft warehouse will build enormous components of rockets to include advanced spacecraft buses, structural panels, satellite dispensers, aerostructures, heat shields, composite overwrap pressure vessels and more.
They will be up and running by 2025.

Rocket Lab just the other day announced that they are establishing a massive manufacturing facility here in Middle River Maryland. It is using the same basic facility that was used to produce the lunar lander and other components. The 113,000 sq ft warehouse will build enormous components of rockets to include advanced spacecraft buses, structural panels, satellite dispensers, aerostructures, heat shields, composite overwrap pressure vessels and more.
They will be up and running by 2025.
Not to mention ULA, NG-LM, Boeing, Aerojet, Blue Origin, and others

I think space exploration is taking the wrong path by outsourcing. Too much control by any one company or person will not be beneficial to space exploration.

Especially so with Elon running show now. He seems to be losing it more and more,
This. After Musks less than stellar recent tweets investors really want him out. We shall see.

This. After Musks less than stellar recent tweets investors really want him out. We shall see.
Hmmm well the quickest way to screw anything up is to put it in the hands of government.
We love Musk , he speaks his mind. He have us the twitter files. Ya know when the devil, I mean media, hates you your probably on nearing a right path.

Back