Mom's Camry Getting 275 Miles Per Tank (???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ULVER
Any thoughts greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yeah...it worked....
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif
hooked.gif

Originally Posted By: ULVER
confused.gif
It's a 2009 4cyl., that was bought used w/ 49K. It now has around 53K

From a fill past the "F" to just before the "E", It has been averaging 275 miles per tank.

That doesn't seem right to me. I fill this thing up, more often than my Police Interceptor. Both she and I absolutely do not have a lead foot.

The stealership she purchased it from, claims nothing is unusual. Her 2006 was never this thirsty.

She has had nothing done to the car, aside from having the oil changed.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated! Thanks!
ULVER,

Originally Posted By: Durango

I'd have the plugs pulled to see if there worn down. Since it was bought past the 30K service mark and now it seemms your approaching the 60K service I'd wait until your more close to the 60 mark and have your stealership do a full service (tune-up) done to it. Check your tire pressure and have a fresh air filter installed. Wash and wax the car for better MPG.

The only way your gonna chack MPG is to take it out on the highway and a full tank of a good brand of gas. Compare the MPG to what is claimed for your car. With all that in mind you should get close to your figure or better.

Durango

Camry plugs age good, if good, for 120k miles...and again, as you say, without more information from OP we can't offer any relevant advice.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yonyon
Originally Posted By: Bandito440

"But it's coooold."

(face palm)

zippo2.png
This sounds like it might be time to buy a present. Presents with engraving tend to go over pretty well.

If you could make a full snow suit with about 500 of these, it would do the trick.

I think our Camry has 4 gallons left, when it hits E. Going off a rough guess, 275miles divided by 14 is about 20mpg. Low, but within the realm of possiblity, if predominately stop and go, city driving, heavy right foot, automatic, underinflated tires, and/or a V6. This is an I4, but unknown for any other details.

Might need a new O2 sensor, or a locking gas cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back