mObli one ATF vs royal purple ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used M1 ATF for many years in several differant trannys and it has performed well for me. Never a tranny or PS pump failure. I also notice that my trannys shift very well even in the coldest weather.

I have never used RP but sure from what I hear it's fine as well.

I have to admit that I have never tried RP ATF but their Gear oils and MTL's stink performance wise compared to Redline and Amsoil so why pay more for them?

RP is just a blender they do not make anything. Mobil has it's own additive company, it own refiner's and oil wells and R&D etc.....Mobil is a true all in one big boy with more backing then RP could dream of.

RP is no different then if I decided to open shop tomorrow bottling my own oils from stuff I bought on the open market or had made for me by someone else. Not saying that their is anything wrong with that since Redline,Amsoil,Castrol all do this but I would never compare RP to Mobil.......THat is like comparing Henry Fords COmpany to some small volume kit car manufacture or something.......Not reall apples to apples. In the case of Redline their head Chemistry / Tribologist used to work for Lubrizol and I think unless things have changed AMsoil has Lubrizol design and build their additive package for them. I hope I am making sense andyou see where I am going?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
Mobil has it's own additive company, it own refiner's and oil wells and R&D etc.....Mobil is a true all in one big boy with more backing then RP could dream of.

What additive company does XOM own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back