Mobile Auto Repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy I used charges mobile work at $75.00 for the service call including the first hour, and $50 for each additional hour, actual time. For shop work he charges $75.00 an hour using book hours.

Originally Posted by OhioMazda
The guy I used charges mobile work at $75.00 for the service call including the first hour, and $50 for each additional hour, actual time. For shop work he charges $75.00 an hour using book hours.

Not bad, where in Ohio is he located?

Middletown. I think he considers the south side of Dayton and north side of Cincinnati to be within his service area, but there's probably a surcharge if he has to go farther.

Thanks for the reply. I'm up north around the Cleveland area but am pretty familiar with Cincy and Dayton.

Originally Posted by terry274
Just curious, what is the price markup to do a job mobile vs. if they bring the car to your shop?

The guy I used to use charged $60 an hour when he was a mobile mechanic. He got a shop and didn't do it anymore and his rate went up to $80. He was still good so I kept using him til he closed up shop. Found a new guy that does it out of his home's garage and he's down to about $40 an hour. I look for guys that have ASE certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back