Mobil1 5w30 Annual Protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like a potentially useful oil.
It'll be interesting to see the inevitable VOA/UOA of this new M1 flavor.
I'll agree that few people will buy this oil at the current fifty bucks a jug, but if you actually ran it 20K with a filter capable of that run, cost per mile would come down to a reasonable level even at that price.
OTOH, various UOAs show that M1 EP isn't really a 15K oil in many applications, so it may be that AP isn't a 20K in many cases either.
Either way, we'll see how this oil does in service.
I don't look for this oil to fade away, either. SOPUS, Valvoline and Castrol may introduce and ditch products on a regular basis. XOM doesn't seem to do that with the many flavors of M1.
Watch for the inevitable rollback pricing and MIR as well.

It's not going from $49 to clearance - there will be a price where some will buy - already in for $35 - I have paid that for PUP ...
How many miles does Royal Dutch Shell print on that bottle ?

Originally Posted By: 4WD
It's not going from $49 to clearance - there will be a price where some will buy - already in for $35 - I have paid that for PUP ...
How many miles does Royal Dutch Shell print on that bottle ?

after a 20 MIR they you may have some takers,lol

Right on bubbatime. Hit the nail right on the head. Ain't nobody at Walmart going to pay ANYWHERE near $50 for oil. Even though Mobil 1 used at 10k miles intervals times two would be very close to $50... No one who shops at Walmart will be able to get past the sticker shock of $50.

At $34.99 they have a shot, $39.99 not so good. At $49 keep an eye on the closeout rack they'll be blowing it out at fire sale prices. WMT isn't going to be tying up shelf space for it for very long.

$50 oil at Walmart
lol.gif

Yeah with a anti theft device on it to boot!!! That's bigtime oil there man if it needs a anti theft device
smile.gif

WM had $50 jugs online already - and just 4 quarts ... and limited approvals ...

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Haha I noticed that too! That's absolutely HILARIOUS!! Every time I see those anti theft devices it always reminds me of a store we had years ago called Wilson's,and they always had those devices on the ghetto blasters in the stereo department haha.

Canadian Tire had the K&N oil filters (and Red Line oil, when they carried it) in locked cages.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Haha I noticed that too! That's absolutely HILARIOUS!! Every time I see those anti theft devices it always reminds me of a store we had years ago called Wilson's,and they always had those devices on the ghetto blasters in the stereo department haha.

Canadian Tire had the K&N oil filters (and Red Line oil, when they carried it) in locked cages.
wink.gif

If you knew the kind of people who frequented CT in Regina like I did (both staff and customers), you'd understand why.

Exactly they're fishing for a market that doesn't exist.
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Waiting for the clearance sale. They will sell exactly none of this oil. Do they not know their buying demographic?
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Waiting for the clearance sale. They will sell exactly none of this oil. Do they not know their buying demographic?

Originally Posted By: HolyOilSeeker
It's priceless with that security tag! Lol

Keep it behind the counter in a locked case with an armed guard on duty.

It IS a precious resource after-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back