Mobil1 0W-40 • 7,118mi • 2010 Civic Si 126k

another 40wt UOA. this car spent a lot of time sitting at about 80mph for hours this go around (3600 RPM), so oil use is up a bit, but K20's are known for that. AL is up a little but i don't think its much to be concerned about, but its nice to see no PB. sees the 8,200 RPM limiter nearly every day. paired up with a Fram Ultra XG7317.

current fill is QS Euro 5W-40 which i couldn't resist at $22 for a fiver at walmart.

wdI2ZYa.jpg

Looks wonderful. Minimal viscosity drop and the flashpoint isn't a big deal. When topping off you're replenishing the oils ability to resist acidity. You can take it much longer as you add more and more. 15k is doable since you're adding a quart every 3-4k. I do the same with my truck as it burns at about the same rate and I'm about 13k in with 15w-40 that i replenish.

There are 3 different versions of Mobil 0w-40. Which one did you use?

Everything looks great & I agree with BS that you could get 9k out of this no problem. That oil has a healthy dose of calcium... Nice!

There are 3 different versions of Mobil 0w-40. Which one did you use?

Everything looks great & I agree with BS that you could get 9k out of this no problem. That oil has a healthy dose of calcium... Nice!

you're right, totally forgot. pretty sure this current run was "FS european car".

Looks wonderful. Minimal viscosity drop and the flashpoint isn't a big deal. When topping off you're replenishing the oils ability to resist acidity. You can take it much longer as you add more and more. 15k is doable since you're adding a quart every 3-4k. I do the same with my truck as it burns at about the same rate and I'm about 13k in with 15w-40 that i replenish.

i really do need to run it longer, i just have a natural alarm in my brain that really gets antsy after about a year. you're probably right its fine to run out to 10k or more.

i really do need to run it longer, i just have a natural alarm in my brain that really gets antsy after about a year. you're probably right its fine to run out to 10k or more.
The oil is more than half new. If the engine didn't burn it would likely be at a tbn if 3-4 at that milage. And a tbn of 7 without consumption would mean 3k miles worth of use.

Back