Mobil Super 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Milkman
Make sure that you read the label if you buy oil at Target. They sell Mobil SPECIAL not SUPER. Big difference.

They sell both.

I've had Super 5000 5w20 in my Taurus for about 1000 miles now. I previously used PP 5w20 for the 15,000 miles. My fuel mileage has increased by about .5 to 1.0 mpg for the last 3 tanks. I check the fuel mileage every time I fill up, and I always use the same pump. We'll see if the mpg improvement holds up.

Well, the targets in MY area, they DO NOT sell both at all. They sell MOBIL SPECIAL and thats all. Wal Mart sells MOBIL SUPER 5000, so I plan to get it there. I noticed also that the two WAL MARTS in my area or BEAVER COUNTY area where I live have a ton of the old Mobil Clean 5000, so may buy up a ton of it when I am in Punxsutawney as my father said there was a ton of it there also.

Adam

Provided EM is still using the same bases oils in the gf-5, Super and Special should both still have excellent volatility numbers. Per the Lubrizol story at GF-5.com, volatility performance is dependent on base stock quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back