Mobil Super 5000?

So I saw in on rock auto they have 5w20, 10w30, and 10w40 mobil super 5000 semi/syn got around $2.05/qrt +shipping. So I bought a case of 10w30 and 10w40. I'm sure the mobil brand is good. Anyone against it and why?

This is wide open for personal bias. I've used plenty of it in my family's cars, and they're all still around with 200K+, now upgraded to Mobil Super Synthetic. The facts are that you got a good oil for a great deal. Sleep well.

Perfectly good oil.
Used it many times.
It did it's job very well.
Hope that shipping wasn't too big a bite.

Used it a lot when Wally had it for $13.xx a 5qt jug but they stopped stocking it a few years ago. Depending on what shipping cost you that's a good price.

Used it a lot when Wally had it for $13.xx a 5qt jug but they stopped stocking it a few years ago. Depending on what shipping cost you that's a good price.

Seems like they are giving all the shelf space that used to go to Mobil Super to the 697 derivatives of Mobil 1. Ok maybe not 697 but you get the idea.

But yea Mobil Super was a good oil, used it a number of times myself, no issues.

"Mobil Super" is the only one they can recommend. For the 2004 Honda – scrolling down from Mobil1 Racing Oils – they'd show half a dozen flavors to choose from, but for the 2004 Mazda it's the only one :)

So I saw in on rock auto they have 5w20, 10w30, and 10w40 mobil super 5000 semi/syn got around $2.05/qrt +shipping. So I bought a case of 10w30 and 10w40. I'm sure the mobil brand is good. Anyone against it and why?
With shipping it's around $2.75. Still a good deal

With shipping it's around $2.75. Still a good deal

It's a decent value at $2.75 a quart. If you could find a full syn at closeout though it would probably be a better value. I bought 29 jugs of Havoline/Chevron Pro DS in varying weights for $7.17 per jug a couple of years ago, or $1.43 per quart. Ran around to 7 or 8 O'Reillys around town to clean them out.

Back