Mobil Super 5000 synblend coming back to Walmart !!

Today while in backroom of Walmart getting M1 5W20 clearance oil I noticed some 5qt jugs of Mobil Super 5000 synblend :oops: :oops:

Auto dept manager said its for new oil reset planogram and it'll be on shelves tomorrow March 20 :cool:(y)

Price will be $15.XX for 5qt jugs

Not sure how some of you feel about MS5K ?? I thought I read it's basic oil not much of a additive package ???

Dave

This is the SN+ lineup so not sure about the new SP ones, but it's a solid oil for 5k or so intervals really. Nothing special but not at all bad either. Add pack seems plenty decent even with a low TBN, but otherwise looks good for $15 per 5qt jug really. Even a bit stronger than the Napa syn blend wouldn't have an issue putting it in my motor honestly.

Dave it's a very good oil for the price... One of our members on here had used oil analysis test with it and it did as well as Pennzoil Ultra even out to 10-12k miles. The member was Carbonsteel who had run the Mobil Super in his 2012 or 2014 Ford FX something or another... :)

It has a very solid additive package that works very well.

Last edited:
Dave it's a very good oil for the price... One of our members on here had used oil analysis test with it and it did as well as Pennzoil Ultra even out to 10-12k miles. The member was Carbonsteel who had run the Mobil Super in his 2012 or 2014 Ford FX something or another... :)

It has a very solid additive package that works very well.

:eek: WOW !!! Never knew Mobil Super was that LEGIT !! I use to run it YEARS ago when it was conventional.

I'll defiantly have to keep that on my "Radar" when it goes on clearance :p:cool:(y)

Dave

Yeah man the Mobil Super is legit...

And Carbonsteel had run it 4 or 6 times in a row. That MS held up extremely well. And he did some towing in those runs has well.

Mobil Super has been my house oil at work for 10 years now (Was clean 5000 back when we started with it). I have not had a customer have a lubricant related failure on a vehicle that was serviced by us on regular intervals. Heck, a few weeks back I did a timing chain on a Malibu that has been serviced by us only but by an owner that is not good about maintenance. That engine was a lot cleaner inside than I expected.

Oh really . It use to be my to go oil until Walmart stop carry them.

I remember early 2007 . Local police fleet shop running Mobil 5000 and MCFL820s and change every 5000 miles on their crowvic

Back