Mobil prices (and some other oils) at Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
And btw, I think they gave me a bigger check than they were supposed to...
grin.gif

But sorry to hear about the troubles.

quote:

Originally posted by Santo Fontana:
Anyone see any problem using maxlife on an engine with 10k on it?

I would not unless you had some issue.
spaz.gif

Same with having a 100k engine that was running great, why put more adds when all you need is just good oil?

I do not like this Max life, HM oils marketing that once you make 75k, you need this type of oil.
nono.gif

I've made 200k plus with many engines and have NEVER used a HM oil. Or heaver oil.

Wonder how I made it through life without all these "special" oils?
rolleyes.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I tend to agree but it was 1.50 a quart, which is cheaper than the conventional supertech at my walmart so i had to grab it. i have 2 cars with over 100k I can use it in. I wish I grabbed some of the all-climate when i had a chance.

quote:

Originally posted by Santo Fontana:
i have 2 cars with over 100k I can use it in.

Yes, but do those cars NEED it?
grin.gif

If they are running fine, any oil would work great and prob get better MPG than a HM oil.

You'll have no problems, I'm just too old school I guess..
tongue.gif
twak.gif

Why add extra "stuff" when you do not need it?
dunno.gif

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I figure some of the special purpose oils are just an excuse to get more of my cash, or at least plastic. I was pleasantly surprised to find Pennzoil 5W-30 down to $8.72 from about $10 today at Wally's for a 5 quart jug. Bought 2, one for my 02 Cavalier, 80K, and my 77 LUV, 135K of abusive, stop and go short trips. 10W-30 and -40 were both the same $8.72. No cost saving running thicker Pennzoil with Pennzoil as suggested recently in a couple of threads. At almost $19, PP wouldn't be cost effective at twice the OCI.

Maxlife yesterday at Walmart was $13.83, up from $12.88 four months ago. Comes to $14.97 with tax. That's still only $2.99 a quart for the world's best blend.
wink.gif

quote:

Why add extra "stuff" when you do not need it?
dunno.gif

I agree that you don't need to buy/use an HM oil in a car that has over 100K miles.

But when I saw Havoline HM on closeout at Advance Auto Parts for 59 cents a quart, I just had to purchase 28 quarts of it.
grin.gif

If it wasn't on closeout, I wouldn't even think about buying any HM oil.

WM's close to $2 and above now so I buy their Maxlife and use coupons from Valvo. The rest of my oil is Kragens now 1.09 Chev and Shell before rebate and .59 after.

I still have enough PP and Maxlife to use so I'm still only buying when I can go below $1. Probably the main value of a stash is you can wait until you can buy a case on sale.

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:
Why not Pennzoil Platinum 5w20?

Exactly what I just purchased 2 days ago for my Civic. Replacing M1 0w20 @ $5.97 a quart. I just had a kid and now EVERYTHING costs a lot.

quote:

If it wasn't on closeout, I wouldn't even think about buying any HM oil.

Same with me thats why I bought the valv maxlife. It was cheaper than supertech dino without the hassle of rebates and stuff. I could never buy it at 3/qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back