Mobil - History of Lubricant Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil

Quote:
Mobil Jet Oil II is the lubricant of choice for many carriers, including those using latest technology GE 90, RR
Trent 800 and PW4000 engines to powertheir fleets.

Quote:
The ability to deliver synthetic lubricants of consistently high performance and quality anywhere on the planet is one of the reasons companies like Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler, GM, and Porsche choose our lubricant technologies.

Quote:
Our close ties with leading equipment builders—unique
in the lubricant industry—is a key factor in the shift to
synthetic lubricants.

Quote:
Mobil Delvac 1 has provided outstanding performance at
100,000 mile drains, and Mobil fully synthetic drivetrain
fluids have been runby fleets for over 1 million miles without
an oil change.

This should make all the anti-XOM people sick. LOL

Let's not forget the infamous Mobil AV-1 fiasco. That's surely a bright spot in Mobil's long illustrious history.
smirk2.gif

They were pretty good with aircraft fuels down here a few years ago.

The ENTIRE piston engined fleet of Oz aircraft were parked for weeks due to a fuel doping issue.

If you like mobil 1,run it,be happy!

Far as making me sick,nope I have no problems walkin right on by their oil in the automotive section.

I honestly thought it would be funny just to read people's responses. Seriously though, isn't all of this a big waste of time?
wink.gif

I'm sitting at home in my La-Z-Boy, kind of sick and under the weather. What else do I have to do?
coffee2.gif

I have nothing against Exxon-Mobil. Brand loyalties are crazy, in my opinion (although I, like many, have them). Still, I do wonder why major players like Exxon-Mobil and BP do not meet the Top Tier standards. Does this also carry over to their oils (especially Mobil 1 and Castrol Syntec)? Maybe yes and maybe no. Exxon-Mobil's refusal to come clean about whether Mobil 1 is Group III or Group IV is enough to keep me from using it. They are capitalizing on keeping their customers ignorant, and I don't like that.

Originally Posted By: buster
I honestly thought it would be funny just to read people's responses. Seriously though, isn't all of this a big waste of time?
wink.gif

Yer a playah, aren't you, buster?

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
Mobil
Quote:
Mobil Jet Oil II is the lubricant of choice for many carriers, including those using latest technology GE 90, RR
Trent 800 and PW4000 engines to power their fleets.

Works very well in old-school T700-GE-701C/D's and T55-L/GA-712/714A's too.

It's our choice at the jet engine lab I work at - we got tired of the supply system bingo (never knew what we'd get next!) and now procure Jet II commercially exclusively...

later,
b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back