Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Mobil 1 doesn't have the soot control and AW additive package needed. Delvac 1300 or the full synth Delvac 1 5W40 would be better.

I'm currently running Delvac 1 5W-40 in my Dodge/Cummins. It's usually not as readily available as regular Mobil 1, but is available via mail order by one the of site supporters here, AV Lubricants.

Check the diesel UOA section(if you haven't already), the Cummins is extremely easy on oil, compared to the other diesels in it's class.

That's actually Mobil's recommendation for a synthetic in my new Nissan diesel.

Nissan won't warrant anything CG-4 or better (citing soot control and low ash oils), so the oil manufacturers to cover themselves are recommending passenger car motor oils with poor soot control because they are only CF rated.

I know it's not what you asked, but Valvoline Premium Blue 15W-40 is apparently the factory fill in Dodge Ram Cummins diesels. Although Valvoline gets a bad rap on here sometimes, a check of the VOA section reveals that Premium Blue has a pretty decent additive package. I've found it for as little as $1/quart during various Wal-Mart closeout sales.

if your going with a store bought diesel oil, either rotella t synthetic or mobil delvac 1300 are the top notch oils bought locally. My pick would be delvac 1 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back