Mobil 1 vs. Mobil 1 EP, API SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
7-8 qts? That helps.

Indeed it does. Figure synthetic is good for 2000 miles per quart. Not counting severe service.

Originally Posted By: KlooksKleek
Back of the EP container does show EP getting an additional checkmark in the cold performance and hot performance columns vs. regular MI, FWIW.

Strangely, Mobil 1 AFE also gets 3 checkmarks for high-temp and low-temp protection.

A46005E6-3724-4F81-84E4-4682CE95A1FF-1691-0000007453CCE303.jpg

Also, note that the OK for 5w-20 applications line is no longer there.

6.2 Litre,436 horse. It is a 6.1 qt sump. I use only 6 and its on the FULL mark. Once a year is the time frame change oil by. I jump on the GO pedal a lot. Thats what the car is made for. GM does not call for Mobil EP. It calls for regular Mobil ONE. No make up oil. It MIGHT have been down a pint but basically still on FULL. One 1000 mile round trip to Gulf Shores/Pensacola from Athens Ga.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: KlooksKleek
Back of the EP container does show EP getting an additional checkmark in the cold performance and hot performance columns vs. regular MI, FWIW.

Strangely, Mobil 1 AFE also gets 3 checkmarks for high-temp and low-temp protection.

A46005E6-3724-4F81-84E4-4682CE95A1FF-1691-0000007453CCE303.jpg

Also, note that the OK for 5w-20 applications line is no longer there.

This table always makes me wonder what mobil product give 3 checkmarks for extend engine life and wear protection ?
Mobil 1 HM / Mobil 1 TDT / Mobil TSUV / Mobil 1 Racing ?

Quote:

Yep. The AFE oils have better base oils than regular Mobil 1 (0w20/30 are 50% PAO) and are excellent in extreme temps. Volatility should be better also.

Better fuel economy and better high temp protection in the same oil?

But that's not possible!

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
This table always makes me wonder what mobil product give 3 checkmarks for extend engine life and wear protection ?

Well here is the proof that Trav was looking for.

Mobil do not give their 0w20 3 ticks for engine life and wear protection.

This is conclusive proof that Mobil are running away from 20 weight oils

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MarkStock

That's just trolling, Trav isn't even in this thread. A bit juvenile if you ask me.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

That's just trolling, Trav isn't even in this thread. A bit juvenile if you ask me.

Agreed. I saw him trying to bait trav elsewhere too. Maybe it's a man crush. Dunno?

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Agreed. I saw him trying to bait trav elsewhere too. Maybe it's a man crush. Dunno?

Bromance?
grin.gif

I agree 100% with OVERKILL..This is the perfect example why so many long time awesome members leave this forum.

Sorry to go off topic Critic.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:
Maybe it's a man crush. Dunno?

Just my luck being stalked by a creepy bugger on an oil forum.
crackmeup2.gif

Hillarious seeing that you, demarpaint and Shannow followed me around and posted on my other threads.

It's more a case of this is the behavior shown towards new members by old members, and even by old members towards old members. I mean the way Trav has attacked Caterham is ridiculous. Have you read some of those posts or is that ok because he is an established member?

Trav isn't even in this thread. A bit juvenile if you ask me.

Isn't it funny how he found it though? He couldn't resist joining in with a comment once you and others had set up the permission for him to.

That's exactly the point of me mentioning him in an unrelated thread. To see him post in it and prove he is the stalker.

I left the thin vs thick threads a while ago because of his vitriol. I said that our positions were actually quite close, and he said "not by a country mile". Other established members pointed out to him that the positions were in agreement in many respects. But he just continued with his vitriol.

I've seen this with Germans that I've worked with. Unable to explain their logic and they get angry.

Your a very disturbed individual. You need help! I mean that seriously.
You think Caterham needs you to defend him? Naw he can be ornery enough on his own but he's no stalker or a nut job.
He is strongly committed to his point of view and me mine. Then the fight started as they say.

You get so worked up you cant control yourself and decide to come on the forum and play games with long years poster.
I guess you would be better off staying home, off the forum and play with yourself until you have your emotions in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back