Mobil 1 vs. Mobil 1 EP, API SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
You think Caterham needs you to defend him?

You just keep on making stuff up about what other people's motivations are! You can't help yourself!

If you must know (and you're probably not listening anyway as you've already got everything figured out), I simply saw logic on one side and absurdity in your words.

The absurdity came to it's pinnacle when demarpaint asked me if I was there when Ford did their testing.

Your own vitriolic posts, if you go back and read them, are embarassing for an "established" member.

You seem to be happy with the little clique you've got going, and since you're all so oblivious to your contradictions, biased views and unanalytical methods, you clearly deserve each other.

50.gif
They are coming to get you.

Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
you cannot tow let say another car that weights 3 times as yours , with your car up hill for 15k miles and be safe. its mostly marketing , probably the EP will last longer but 15k is more of marketing thing than reality.

Read the article in Blackstones about towing, as it does no real harm if you are sensible in terms of what gear you are in (Listen to the engine and watch for smoke)and have a cooling system fit for the job.
It can be bad news for the clutch and gearbox or auto, so change the box oil more often than normal, as most failed boxes I have seen had really bad oil in them.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: MarkStock
Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
This table always makes me wonder what mobil product give 3 checkmarks for extend engine life and wear protection ?
Mobil 1 HM / Mobil 1 TDT / Mobil TSUV / Mobil 1 Racing ?

Well here is the proof that Trav was looking for.

Mobil do not give their 0w20 3 ticks for engine life and wear protection.

This is conclusive proof that Mobil are running away from 20 weight oils

That's just trolling, Trav isn't even in this thread. A bit juvenile if you ask me.

Agreed. I saw him trying to bait trav elsewhere too. Maybe it's a man crush. Dunno?

Man crush, that's pretty scary. I hope not, but this is the Internet and you never know.
21.gif

I also noticed that AFE gets 3 checks vs. 2 checks for regular Mobil 1 in the high temp. and low temp. protection areas. I agree with Buster that it most likely contains more PAO which would account for that.

What I find interesting is that all varieties receive 'only' 2 checks for sludge protection....which is one of Mobil 1's traditional 'bragging points'. (I realize that the whole check mark concept can lead to over speculation like what we are currently doing).

Remember when Mobil 1 advertised "Nothing outperforms Mobil 1"....I guess that was until EP came along....

Originally Posted By: pbm
I also noticed that AFE gets 3 checks vs. 2 checks for regular Mobil 1 in the high temp. and low temp. protection areas. I agree with Buster that it most likely contains more PAO which would account for that.

What I find interesting is that all varieties receive 'only' 2 checks for sludge protection....which is one of Mobil 1's traditional 'bragging points'. (I realize that the whole check mark concept can lead to over speculation like what we are currently doing).

Remember when Mobil 1 advertised "Nothing outperforms Mobil 1"....I guess
that was until EP came along....

Well the EP is supposed to be the best oil they make,isn't it?
As far as the AFE line it's an older formulation,unless they have updated it with visom and I would expect it to be better in the cold simply because it's supposed to be a bit thinner on the grade scale,hense improving fuel economy due to less fuel being consumed with pumping losses.
After this run of PP I'm going to give the AFE a shot in my hemi,even though I hate the company it seems as though they haven't cheapened this line with visom yet. -40 is coming and the AFE line is a good product on paper.

Wow.

There is a technical term for this. "Unhinged."

Originally Posted By: MarkStock

You just keep on making stuff up about what other people's motivations are! You can't help yourself!

If you must know (and you're probably not listening anyway as you've already got everything figured out), I simply saw logic on one side and absurdity in your words.

The absurdity came to it's pinnacle when demarpaint asked me if I was there when Ford did their testing.

Your own vitriolic posts, if you go back and read them, are embarassing for an "established" member.

You seem to be happy with the little clique you've got going, and since you're all so oblivious to your contradictions, biased views and unanalytical methods, you clearly deserve each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back