Mobil 1 "V twin" synthetic 20w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have money and want to use best synthetic, i feel its ok.will it make difference.i dont think so UNLESS you run oil for 6000,8000 miles. i change my oil every 3500 in my honda spirit 1100.waste to me to use synthetic.in older bike, you will get leaks with syn oil. it cleans out what was there from before using dino oil.i use ROTELLA 15-40 dino oil. 7.95 at wal mart for gallon.been doing this for 40 years, dino oil is no different than the syn oil up to 3500 miles.someone mentioned air cooled engines. he may be right on that . but most of our bikes are water cooled.i put syn oil in my lawnmower. i had leaks coming out the lifter cover. syn oil caused it, for sure. i switched back to dino oil now.

nomochevys,hello,can i offer a bike to get. its HONDA SHADOW SPIRIT 1100.its great bike with few problems. no valves to adj like the harleys. they are 8200 brand new, left overs around 7900.second hand with low mileage ,4,000/5000.here is our site. www.hondashadow.net

chris b, i seen syn oil open up leaks on cars/trucks,motorcycles, lawnmowers.i would not put syn oil in your bike until i feel rings have seated.that would be around 6000/8000 miles.then give it try. some use it and no leaks.MANY used it to early and are now using oil as they did not let rings seat.

Commanche, no thanks on the spirit but they are nice bikes. I really have my heart set on a vegas.

I disagree with you on not putting synthetic in early on. I put it in my bike at 500 miles and have about 9K on it now. Never any leak anywhere and sportsters are notorious for that.

Plus, the factory fill on HD is synthetic I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back