Mobil 1 truck and SUV?

I was in the local parts store today and seen Mobil 1 has a Truck and SUV oil in the required grade for my 19 silverado. I have always had the dealer service it but I think this year I am going to start doing it myself since the last service I had done there was $135 just for the oil change. I do tow with the truck a good bit in the summer and was wondering if anyone is using this or has any info? Is there any reason to use this over just the regular Mobil 1 I was going to go with?

Mobil claims it has something like 10 percent more additives than standard M1 for better protection.

Nothing against you Addyguy but had to giggle at Mobile 1s claim. 10% more than say the 100 ppm quantity range of most additives......a whole 10 ppm :) LOL
Its a nice big number for marketing but in reality....... will that 10ppm really make any measurable difference?

Threw In a charge for shop supplies, hazmat disposal, that’s about it
What an absolute scam. 8qt's of supertech syn and their nicer mp10575 including tax for both is under $36. i know theres labor and lol "!!!!!!!!!!!!HAZMAT!!!!!!!!!!!!" disposal involved but that still shouldn't be above tops 70 dollars all in. lol recycling oil is hazmat now.

I was in the local parts store today and seen Mobil 1 has a Truck and SUV oil in the required grade for my 19 silverado. I have always had the dealer service it but I think this year I am going to start doing it myself since the last service I had done there was $135 just for the oil change. I do tow with the truck a good bit in the summer and was wondering if anyone is using this or has any info? Is there any reason to use this over just the regular Mobil 1 I was going to go with?
Have it in my Jeep but got on sale … Think both that and the M1AFE were 30% PAO at the time … good for 10k but but I only run to OLM limit on our GDI 5.3L …

What an absolute scam. 8qt's of supertech syn and their nicer mp10575 including tax for both is under $36. i know theres labor and lol "!!!!!!!!!!!!HAZMAT!!!!!!!!!!!!" disposal involved but that still shouldn't be above tops 70 dollars all in. lol recycling oil is hazmat now.
That’s why I’m looking at doing it myself. Surprised they didn’t charge me electricity to run the lift lol

That’s why I’m looking at doing it myself. Surprised they didn’t charge me electricity to run the kift

I mounted new 33.5" Kenda Klever RT's on new rims for my F150 in Spring but then pulled my back and couldn't balance them (I have machines at home).

I stopped at my local Ford dealer and had them balanced and had an oil change done while it was there.
8qts of MC 5W20 with a MC filter and the balance came to $102.

That’s why I’m looking at doing it myself. Surprised they didn’t charge me electricity to run the lift lol
That's what I'm gonna spend doing the change on my escalade. Like heck am I gonna let those stealership rats charge me that much. Heck they may even charge me more than you because of the Cadillac tax even if it's the same thing. Wouldn't surprise me.

Besides it's an easy oil change all things considered. It ain't like some low to the ground audi you gotta remove Intake and plastic parts off to get to some God awful cartridge filter.

Seems like alot of businesses are trying to recover lost revenue due to COVID-19. I like doing simple. easy maintence myself.
My dealership is pretty fair with pricing. Hang in there things will get better.

Only recently started using Mobil 1 Truck&SUV oil in my 2016 5.3 Tahoe. I noticed immediately the engine was much quieter then the EP. I only use 0w20 in my Hoe.

BTW the only place I find Mobil 1 Truck&SUV oil is in NAPA. If they are out of it they will order it for you and have it the next day.

Walmart.com has it for $27.47 and free shipping if you buy two. But with Castrol Edge 5W-30LL on rollback at $21.62 that’s a better deal.

Walmart.com has it for $27.47 and free shipping if you buy two. But with Castrol Edge 5W-30LL on rollback at $21.62 that’s a better deal.
Describe a better deal. 1.17 more a quart for oil specific for his needs vs and oil that will work. Not apples to apples.

I found this on sale today at Walmart. I haven't seen it there in a long time. I even questioned before in another thread if they was discontinuing it. It is the same price as the regular mobil1.
I'll give it a try. the only documented difference I see is it contains more detergents to reduce engine deposits.

Define a Truck and SUV? marketing says that this oil is designed for harder working Truck and SUV engines. Especially for towing. I have a tiny Ford ecosport SUV with the 1.0L Ecoboost engine. Yes that vehicle and engine is rated for light towing.

I'd say that 1 l 3 cylinder is a hard-working engine. It works hard just to get to 65 mph.

Back