Mobil 1 Racing 0W20 & 30 Data Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
After inquiring about the new coming Mobil 1 Racing 0W30 data sheet, this was sent to me. According to the web site, they can be purchased online in the spring. Now I still have about 25 quarts of the '04 version that I bought on clearance for $2/qt. This is not the same formulation as what I have. (Hope this turns out OK - I don't normally cut & paste). Your comments please.

Mobil 1 Racing oils Pdf

High performance motorsport formulas Print View

Product Description Features and Benefits Applications Typical Properties Health and Safety

Product Description

Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 and 0W-20 were developed specifically for racing engines and are not recommended for street use. These high performance, fully synthetic formulas are specially balanced for friction reduction and increased horsepower with outstanding wear protection.

Features and Benefits

Mobil 1 Racing oils are proprietary formulations of low viscosity synthetic base oils fortified with SuperSyn and a component-blended additive system featuring high levels of anti-wear and friction reducing additives. This advanced protection is engineered to deliver maximum horsepower with outstanding wear protection. Features and benefits include:

Boosted levels of anti-wear protection -- well beyond those of ordinary automotive oils -- to help protect engines even during grueling racing applications.
Maximizes power output by reducing internal friction.
Outstanding shear stability and a robust additive package to help reduce oil breakdown and help extend engine life, even under the most extreme conditions.
Compared to conventional racing oils and higher-viscosity synthetic motor oils, it provides faster flow to critical engine parts at low temperatures
Delivers exceptional high-temperature protection, even at temperatures up to 400 degrees F (204 C)

Applications

Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 and 0W-20 are recommended for a wide range of race engine applications. Note: Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 and 0W-20 are not recommended for street use.

Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 and 0W-20 are recommended for a wide range of race engine applications including highly loaded flat tappet designs such as NASCAR Cup engines.
Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 and 0W-20 are designed for use by professional, amateur and weekend racers.
Mobil 1 Racing oils are not recommended for 2-Cycle or aviation engines, unless specifically approved by the manufacturer.

Typical Properties

Mobil 1 Racing
0W-30
0W-20
SAE Grade 0W-30 0W-20
Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cST @ 40ºC 63.5 41.3
cST @ 100ºC 11.5 7.85
Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270 178 164
Sulfated Ash, wt% ASTM D 874 1.3 1.3
HTHS Viscosity, mPa s at 150ºC, ASTM D 4683 3.3 2.6
Pour Point, C, ASTM D 97 -54 -54
Flash Point, C, ASTM D 92 217 213
Density at 15ºC kg/l ASTM D 4052 0.85 0.85

Health and Safety

Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS's are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.

Mobil, Mobil 1, the Mobil logotype, the Pegasus design are trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation, or one of its subsidiaries.

2-2009

Exxon Mobil Corporation
3225 Gallows Road
Fairfax, VA 22037
1-800-ASK MOBIL (275-6624)

Due to continual product research and development, the information contained herein is subject to change without notification.
Typical Properties may vary slightly. This product data sheet is based on global product data sheets for use with products purchased in the U.S.
© 2007 Exxon Mobil Corporation. All rights reserved.

ExxonMobil Home | Help | Sitemap | Contact Us | Privacy & Legal

Thanks for the info,,i would not be afraid to use this in a street car if it didn't burn oil,i'll be trying it.

Originally Posted By: daman
Thanks for the info,,i would not be afraid to use this in a street car if it didn't burn oil,i'll be trying it.

Don't these racing oils have additives that can damage engine emission systems? I am assuming that is why there are not certified or recommended for street use. Anyone know about this?

If your car/truck burns oil it could cause the O2 sensors to fail
but beyond that i don't see a problem?

Originally Posted By: Mark888

Don't these racing oils have additives that can damage engine emission systems? I am assuming that is why there are not certified or recommended for street use. Anyone know about this?

They have high amounts of ZDDP which is reported to damage catalylitic converters in amounts over 800, which is ILSAC GF-4 for 30 grade oils.

Do Mobil's racing oils contain little to no detergents like Redline's? Redline's rationale is to prevent "ash" in case the oil burns in the combustion chamber. Ash can cause detonation which is a no-no, esp. in racing. Guaranteed the bases are of higher quality in these race oils and not ISO 32 hydraulic fluid that've been gussied up with VIIs like the street flavours

Both of these oils look very shear stable based on the HT/HS and Kv. They give you the pour point for these two grades and not the regular Mobil 1 0w20/0w30. he he

Originally Posted By: Max_Wander
Do Mobil's racing oils contain little to no detergents like Redline's? Redline's rationale is to prevent "ash" in case the oil burns in the combustion chamber. Ash can cause detonation which is a no-no, esp. in racing. Guaranteed the bases are of higher quality in these race oils and not ISO 32 hydraulic fluid that've been gussied up with VIIs like the street flavours

buster any thoughts on the above?? thinking of pouring some in
my one car.

I would assume they do contain detergents for street use, similar to Amsoil's Dominator racing oils. Maybe less detergents, but still there. A good way to boost ZDP.

I really don't think it makes sense. There is a reason that its not recommended for street use. Doesn't have additives for it IMHO.

With any number of oils that deliver fine UOAs what's the point?

Originally Posted By: Al

I really don't think it makes sense. There is a reason that its not recommended for street use. Doesn't have additives for it IMHO.

With any number of oils that deliver fine UOAs what's the point?

I agree, there is a reason(s) for them NOT recommending these for street use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back