Mobil 1 no longer PAO oil, but is Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daman
Hmmm not sure on that one then..someone will know.

I don't know how to do it in Windows, but it should be possible to tinker with it and export it as a .jpg. Isn't that how the guys who post Blackstone UOAs do it? At least that was my guess, since I've never done a UOA.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Hmmm not sure on that one then..someone will know.

I don't know how to do it in Windows, but it should be possible to tinker with it and export it as a .jpg. Isn't that how the guys who post Blackstone UOAs do it? At least that was my guess, since I've never done a UOA.

Yea dunno like to know my self wanted to do before but couldn't.

Yea dunno like to know my self wanted to do before but couldn't.

Okay, I found it. Google "pdf to jpg" and and there's a free package to do so at top. It's reviewed by CNET as safe. Another is http://www.convertpdftoimage.com/ which says it will do it online.

Ahh cool thanks garak i'll check it out...

Bottom line, what they are using now is better than their older formulations. They demonstrate it through a lot of testing.

Originally Posted By: buster
Hmmm didn't work.

Well, darn it. I've done it in Linux, but with Windows, I haven't a clue. Did you try both ways, the website and the package? I really hate encouraging Windows people to install software, because, other than what CNET says, I really have no idea about its safety, and the package looks to mess with printer settings, which can be dicey.

Okay, I just tried that website with a PDF I had laying around, and it worked. It will allow you to download the file as a zip, and the .jpg is in there.

How do you get it from your computer to here? steps?

Bottom line, what they are using now is better than their older formulations. They demonstrate it through a lot of testing.

Better than their 1995 or 2006 formulation? I have no doubt that it has improved in many respects, but an overall improvement will take some pretty solid info from the pdf.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
Some of you people,really need to relax,seriously,to get this worked up about oil is hilarious at best!

This IS an oil web site...if we weren't passionate about lubricants we would not be here.

DragRace is correct IMO.

Passion + oil enthusiasm + member respect = BITOG

Passion + serious oil enthusiasm + desire to be correct at expense of others = time to relax and be cool on BITOG

Last edited:
How do you get it from your computer to here? steps?

You'll have to put it on an image service, like imageshack, and they provide the forum code to have it posted.

I have a good PDF I found on the evolution of Mobil 1 but I saved it and it's a PDF. No website.

Convert it to a JPG.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I have a good PDF I found on the evolution of Mobil 1 but I saved it and it's a PDF. No website.

Convert it to a JPG.

Right but how does one get it off the puter and onto the site here?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Convert it to a JPG.

Right but how does one get it off the puter and onto the site here?

He can send it to me
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back