Mobil 1 New Tech Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fully synthetic, no doubt. Didn't Mobil take Catrol to court over this issue? I don't think they would be that hypocritical. They put Ford/Honda on the bottle bc people are specifically looking for that grade of oil that drive new Hondas and Fords. No other auto maker calls for this grade. It's just advertising. In fact, Mobil told me over a year ago they have no plans on releasing this grade.

One thing I wish Mobil would do is to clean up there tech support. They are the worst.

[ April 05, 2003, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:
What disturbs me about the new specs is that the Mobil 1 0w-20 bottle says "Recommended for Ford & Honda 5w-20 Service". I took that to mean that it had Ford and Honda approval, i.e. passing Ford's tough double-length sequence IIIF test. There's no mention of Ford or Honda approval on the spec sheet. Is that double-speak on the bottle, or did they just forget? I'll call monday and find out.

Take a look at the "regular" Mobil 1 spec sheet here. It states clearly that the 0w20 not only meets but exceeds the Ford WSS-M2C-153H specification.

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:
Why would a castrol tech know anything about mobil1? Sounds like cheap "used car salesman"-like tactics too me.

Note when I said "former" Castrol Tech.

He also stated that they use the 5W-50 as their baseline to see how their product works against an industry benchmark.

However he's an EX Castrol tech, working with another company, and hasn't badmouthed the Mobil product in my presence once.

Thanks G-Man II. I knew I'd seen that somewhere. The new spec sheet is still obviously under construction. Much of the "fluff" talk sounds like it was written by somebody whose first language is not english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back