Mobil 1 high mileage or Walmart's Supertech ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

Is there any reason why I should be using mobil 1 high mileage 5w30 over Supertech full synthetic 5w30?

I drive a 2000 F150,4.6 v8,tow a utility trailer with 1 mower/equipment daily.

The walmart brand of course is much cheaper in price.

High mileage is only needed if your truck leaks/burns/consumes oil. And Mobil one and Supertech are both good oils. I'd use either one with confidence.

You mean send my oil to Blackstone?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The only way to be sure is with a UOA after running each.

Last edited:
I don't think Supertech is cheaper than Mobil 1 after you factor in the $12 rebate for a 5 quart jug. Valid til the end of May with a limit of 2.

Here are a couple reasons why I would vote for M1:

a) It's better oil by most reckoning; not simply my opinion.
b) Mobil runs BIG rebates often, and it's frequently cheaper. It is right now ($12/5qts rebated).
c) Besides being cheaper, I'm comfortable running a longer OCI with it. So it gets even cheaper by reckoning per mile.
d) Your truck's age argues strongly for an HM oil.
e) You tow.

Quote:
High mileage is only needed if your truck leaks/burns/consumes oil.

I'm not sure where this idea comes from, but it's just not true. The stronger additive package n HM oil does more than "plug leaks." And speaking of leaks, why wait for a leak to start? Why let seals deteriorate to the point you have to hope a cure comes out of a bottle? Keep them healthy before they leak.

Also, in FL, skip the 5w-30 and get the 10w-30 HM. More robust and fewer VIIs to break down. It's ACEA A3/B3 vs just A1/B1 for the 5w. In my mind, there's a lot of reasons to use it and no good one not to.

+1
smile.gif

I was using Mobil 1 High Mileage,but my recent oil change a few days ago I went with the Supertech Synthetic.

Keep the /30 use what is cheapest (the supertech) and change somewhere in the 5k area. Don't sweat the rest those motors are mules. And of course get a good filter any fluid isnt worth a [censored] if it's not being kept clean. All the Fords I take care of get 5/30 blend @5k interval and all have a medium weight loaded trailer on them every time they move. At work we stock napa gold filters.

Yes, I change my oil every 5k. I use the Fram extra guard oil filter. I assume that's a good one.

Originally Posted By: Superflop
Keep the /30 use what is cheapest (the supertech) and change somewhere in the 5k area. Don't sweat the rest those motors are mules. And of course get a good filter any fluid isnt worth a [censored] if it's not being kept clean. All the Fords I take care of get 5/30 blend @5k interval and all have a medium weight loaded trailer on them every time they move. At work we stock napa gold filters.

Last edited:
OP, I run Supertech full synthetic 5w30 in my 4Runner with 155K. Not only do I drive on aggressive Arizona off-road desert terrain, I tow a small trailer frequently. Use with complete confidence. ST is underrated!!!

I have no idea who it's bottled by.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I'd recommend the Walmart SuperTech if it's bottled by Citgo; that's a smooth oil.

There are a lot of great oils out there and I have even seen SuperTech HM Synthetic Blend in Walmart not sure of the price. Does not sound like you really want to mess with the mail in rebate which I understand especially with your busy schedule as your probably on the road when it is still dark in the morning and it is after 8 or 9 pm when you get home. Does not leave a lot of time for mail in rebates. I think any good name brand oil will be great and I would move up to 10W30. You might want to see about switching to Shell Rotella T5.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy

Take a picture of the bottle next time you're there and we'll have fun speculating on who filled the bottle.
smile.gif

On the very bottom of a bottle I have it says.....WPP. Warren?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: lawnguy

Take a picture of the bottle next time you're there and we'll have fun speculating on who filled the bottle.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back