Mobil 1 formula change or just labeling

Quick question guys,Wondering if there is a difference in the formula between the old vs new label 0w16

Attachments

• 0289447_2.jpeg
    0289447_2.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 0289447_1.jpeg
    0289447_1.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 69
Change from API SN/SN PLUS To API SP and ILSAC GF-6B, probably some formula tweaking.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Mobil required basically no changes for SN+ and LSPI mitigation because apparently they were a decade ahead of the curve on formulation in that regard. Their SN+ oil may have already been wholly SP and GF-6B compliant and it's likely that this was indeed the case.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Mobil required basically no changes for SN+ and LSPI mitigation because apparently they were a decade ahead of the curve on formulation in that regard. Their SN+ oil may have already been wholly SP and GF-6B compliant and it's likely that this was indeed the case.
You are most likely correct, conversations I had with Mobil1 just after the change while I was searching for the new formula In 0W-20 AFE, indicated that their formulation already met the new API and ILSAC standards far in advance of the May 2020 rollout date. I prefer quarts to jugs as our Hondas use 3.7 quarts per change, it took the retailers like AA & AZ almost a year to use up the SN Plus rated quarts and stock the SP marked quarts. The jugs, which I guess most people prefer, were available much earlier.

Back